The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My clutch cable feels like it desperatly needs lubricant. When I press the clutch pedal in, I get some grinding that was not there before. It feels like a push cable needs lubricant, or replacement.

Has anyone had this problem, and how much did it cost to fix?

thanks
2006 na exige

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Hello

My clutch cable feels like it desperatly needs lubricant. When I press the clutch pedal in, I get some grinding that was not there before. It feels like a push cable needs lubricant, or replacement.

Has anyone had this problem, and how much did it cost to fix?

thanks
2006 na exige
You don't have a clutch cable--the clutch actuating system is hydraulic (like the braking system). If you have grinding noises coming from the transmission, I would recommend bleeding the clutch hydraulic system to make sure you don't have air in it. If the pedal feels like it is binding, you could have any number of failed components. These could be anything from bad parts in the hydraulic actuating system to a binding release bearing or release fork. Again, try bleeding the system first to see if it corrects the problem and then go from there.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The bolts holding my clutch slave cylinder on were a bit loose, and I was getting a kind of whirring noise. Anyway, something else for you to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts