The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post! YES, I searched first. :rolleyes:

I am about to pull the trigger on a purchase of a 2005 Elise and I am a bit concerned about overall pedal placement as it relates to my size 12 or 13 (depending on brand) foot.

While I've read a lot on accelerator and brake pedal placement, what about the clutch and dead pedal placement in a 2005 versus 2006+? Images can be misleading depending on angle, but it looks like there is a LOT more room between the dead pedal and clutch on a 2005 versus later models. Is this the case?

As for the accelerator and brake pedal placement, I will just have to see how the 2005 feels (I was OK in the 2007 I drove). I may have to wear my Asics track shoes, as they are quite narrow (not a track star, I just wear them because they look cool). Also, from my search, it looks like there is a lateral adjustment on the brake pedal, so I may end up having to move the brake pedal over to the left so that my right foot can hit the accelerator without also hitting the brake.

Anyway, if someone could comment on the clutch and dead pedal placement between a 2005 and 2006, that would be appreciated. On the 2007 I drove, I ended up resting my foot sort of under the clutch pedal while cruising down the highway. Haven't driven the 2005 yet.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts