The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently purchased an 06 Elise, and when I depress the clutch pedal just the right way (it does not happen every time it is depressed) it feels like it is slipping past some sort of bump stop, then hitting the final end of the pedal movement. This make the pedal feel as it hits a "stopper" twice in a very short period -- two bumps if that makes sense. Is there an adjustment screw or spring I should be tightening/extending/adjusting? This does not affect the clutch in any way, but as the driver it just feels strange. I tired to wedge myself in the footwell and re-create the feeling with my hand without any luck.

Thanks in advance.

--Dustin

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see the problem. My “stopper” is gone and I found bits on the floor. What I am feeling is the backside of the clutch notch falling into that hole when pressed just the right way.

IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
On '05 Elise I just looked at, the clutch would engage more than 3/4 the way up. there seemed to be no slippage even under reasonably spirited driving. Is that normal? Is there adjustment possible, or is a new clutch likely needed? If so, how much is a clutch by a good shop? What other likely work would be needed?
Thanks, in advance, for all info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts