The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the search function but no luck.

Noticed it a bit when test driving when new, lots at the track and now about all the time: on fast shifts the clutch pedal arm tends to hit a metal gate.

Annoying not sure if the fix is to tigthen the pedal so there is less lateral motion, adjust the cable / support the bottom so no need to push that far, or just ignore with the risk that on a hard shift travel may be impeded (limited damage).

If there is a simple fix it'd be great to hear.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
It depends on the year model.

2006 & up have a hole in the bulkhead that should have a little rubber push in pad in it with a ~10mm diameter head. The pedal arm striking the pad will wear it out and eventually the pedal arm can strike the lip of the forward wall.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
if it's a 06 or newer just bend it i think to to left, been there done it. carl

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, it is an 07 Exige S. Will update my sig.

Sounds like a bend to the left would do the trick.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Thanks, it is an 07 Exige S. Will update my sig.

Sounds like a bend to the left would do the trick.

DONT BEND IT!

i had the same exact issue.

Theres a rubber piece missing there somewhere. i will have to take a look at mine again to refresh my memory. i took mine to the dealership and they took care of it. I believe the whole piece that is bolted to the back of the wall. "The clutch stopper" will need replaced.

·
Registered
159 Posts
exact same issue here. Bgwill31...what is the fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
There is a rubber wrapped metal bracket attached to the back where the arm of the pedal will hit.

On mine is badly worn to the point where the rubber was worn down and all mangled. Probably from somebody who didnt know what they were doing while driving the car.

The dealer replace the part and it took care of the noise.

·
Registered
40 Posts
go to your local toyota dealer and order toyota part number 90541-06036 . it is a same type of stopper but made of a mutch harder rubber and is a direct fit. cost is about $2 and should outlast the lotus part tenfold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts