The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running 14.000 miles and clutch`s release ball bearing was squeezing ...

When was touched clutch pedal just for a while (not pushing it more than a half of inch) the squeezing was stopped .

So i decided to go for clutch release ball bearing substitute ...

So i ve putted a new one ...
But the noise of squeezing is still go on and i thing it is going worst .

As a quick solution in order to avoid this terrible squeezing is to remove the 2 springs from the clutch pedal in order to move it down a little just as needs in order to stop the noise .

I think this is a temporarily solution but why is this noise appears after fitting new ball bearing ?

Thanks and apologize for my bad english .

Cheers
Haris

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
as i understand, your clutch release bearing was squealing.
you replaced the bearing with a new one and this did not fix the problem?
sam

·
Registered
442 Posts
My clutch makes some kind of spring compressing sound when I depress.... :huh: car has only 850 miles...

Would this cause any problem later on?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
My clutch makes some kind of spring compressing sound when I depress.... :huh: car has only 850 miles...

Would this cause any problem later on?
My car has done this since very early on. I've got 22k miles now and nothing has broken yet. I speculate that there is insufficient grease on the shaft on which the release bearing travels. The independent mechanic I talked to agreed. I also damped the squealing noise by packing the back of the clutch fork with grease.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as i understand, your clutch release bearing was squealing.
you replaced the bearing with a new one and this did not fix the problem?
sam
exactly ....

note that as i told you before when i am just touching the clutch pedal the squealing is stopping ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts