The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm replacing my tranny anyway, I think it might make sense to also replace the clutch, which certainly must be a bit worn down. Any recommendations on a replacement? I did a search that didn't yield anything.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'm happy with my ACT with HD pressure plate. I'll admit I haven't tried any drag starts etc.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea where to get it? The car doesn't do drag race launches anymore, it's retired from racing and I almost never launch it on the street.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Any idea where to get it? The car doesn't do drag race launches anymore, it's retired from racing and I almost never launch it on the street.
I think I got mine from ForcedFed on sale, but if you Google there are lots of vendors that carry it.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I've installed the ACT HDSS, which holds up a decent amount of tq.. I've also installed the southbend clutch.. The southbend feels like stock, but the HDSS is noticeably heavier..

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can get the ACT with pressure plate and all for $375. Not too bad.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet! I need to check around...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Good Idea

I did some checking on this subject a while back and ACT was the name that recieved universal praise. Check out More Monkey for lots of data on the subject.

Good Luck -

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.