The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had the 111R at the tuner today. I was called the clutch is slipping. They tried to adjust the clutch but still slipping.

It's done 43000 miles.

Time for a new clutch or is there something else to try? I did read something about lubing clutch arm which I told the tuner about.

Mike.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The clutch actuation is hydraulic. There is no adjustment. If it is slipping it is time for a new clutch and a resurfaced or new flywheel. What power levels are you running? Supercharger or turbo on a stock clutch?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clutch actuation is hydraulic. There is no adjustment. If it is slipping it is time for a new clutch and a resurfaced or new flywheel. What power levels are you running? Supercharger or turbo on a stock clutch?
hi @TedR, yep, found out not being able to adjust clutch hard way, 1.5 hrs Labor down gurgler.

running tvs1320 supercharger so 280hp atw?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would look at aftermarket clutches.
How long did the stock clutch last at that power level?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
983 Posts
It is the torque that will make a clutch slip, but at the power level you are running, the stock clutch is marginal. Time for an upgraded clutch. I don't know if ACT has fixed their issue, but there have been a number of reported failures with those, I would stay away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts