The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch failed at the last track day and am looking at 2 choices to replace it, the ACT HDSS or Competition ST2 Carbon/Kevlar. I have an 06 LSE Elise NA. I've been thinking of putting on an SC but don't see going more than 220 HP if i do the conversion.

The HDSS seems to be the popular choice for upgrades but has a heavier pedal feel than i might like in city traffic.

Has anyone put in the ST2, which is advertised as a good compromise for low - moderate HP street/track cars? Any feedback pro or con?

shay2nak
i have HDSS. It bites immediately. There's no feathering it to creep during low speeds. Pedal feel is a little bit more stiff. Overall I like it. Mine is matched with light Fidanza flywheel.

Registered
I also have the HDSS but with the stock flywheel. It engages very quickly which is nice at start and I don't think it's any 'heavier' than the stock clutch for city driving. It will also hold if you decide to go the supercharged route. Haven't had any issues, chattering, etc. and once you learn the engagement rate in the first couple driving sessions it feels just like normal. Now if you are stuck in stop and go traffic for hours on end I would probably go a different route...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike at MWR was very helpful in comparing the two - I went with the ST2 and lighter flywheel. will be interesting comparison to the HDSS next time out at the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts