The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Just curious, how long/miles would a stock clutch last with 75% track and 25% street driving? Which clutch and/or flywheel would you guys recommend? Thanks.
Hard to say. I just took a look at mine after 30K miles, mostly street with ten or so track days, in addition to auto-x, and canyon drives. Almost no wear. That said, I replaced it with the Lotusport clutch and flywheel - which I believe is exedy - and the difference is measurable. Also added steel braided clutch lines. All together, the feeling is really nice and the combo was great on the track. OEM for me...as long as the option is this good, why not?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
No worries, Timothy. I'll PM you the pricing info when I get it tomorrow - don't remember offhand - but you can call Allen at LBH, 310 246-5454 and tell him we spoke.

The flywheel is a bit lighter than stock, maybe a couple of pounds. I'll get that info as well and include it in my PM. The thing really grabs, but not at the expense of a knee replacement. I'm sure the braided lines help to a degree, just can't tell you to what extent, as they went on with the new package.

- A

Hey Alan,

Thanks for the quick response. How much did you pay for the clutch and flywheel? Was the flywheel lighter than the one before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts