The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I believe that's his official title, I think it's been a few months since he was promoted, he's certainly far busier now, soon to be married (couple weeks)
Clyde,

Congratulations on both counts!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
TimMullen said:
Clyde,

Congratulations on both counts!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tim Mullen
Ditto! And also a big thanks to Clyde for putting up with all the whiners from this board ( like me) who call Lotus USA and try to catch him while he's busy!

Best wishes and thanks!

Jenn

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Congrats to Clyde and bride-to-be as they are now off to a honeymoon trip, where I expect Clyde is busy resting up and getting ready for the release of the cars around July 15th.

edit to add "to-be" to bride

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Clyde is headed off to where they are to be wed. Wedding is Saturday. Then it's a week of honeymooning and back in the office on the 12th.

Clyde is the Sales Operations Manager and is responsible for supporting LCU's Regional Sales Managers. He manages orders from dealers (both parts and cars). He also makes sure that dealers are reporting their car sales in a timely manner. It's important that these sales are reported to LCU in order to activate the warranty.

The entire sales organization is led by Mark O'Shaughnessy.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
khamai said:

Clyde is the Sales Operations Manager and is responsible for supporting LCU's Regional Sales Managers. He manages orders from dealers (both parts and cars). He also makes sure that dealers are reporting their car sales in a timely manner. It's important that these sales are reported to LCU in order to activate the warranty.

Sounds like a tough job. Let's see, in April the dealers sold 0 cars. In May, sales from all 40 dealers were ... 0 cars. In June, we expected sales to skyrocket and we sold ... 0 cars.

Let's see if we can't set a new record for July.

Congratulations, Clyde. Hope that you will be busy in the upcoming months. However, if you have a spare moment, perhaps you want to find out when my car is going to be built? Haha, just kidding. I know that Lotus would have to kill me if they told me that.

No, no, I'm not bitter. Just a teensy bit frustrated with the delays and slooooooow production rate. I want my car ASAP.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Cool, sounds like he's getting married in Jamaica or Mexico or something. You have to get down there a few days before you're allowed to get married. We nearly did that, but decided to get married here and then go to the Mayan Riviera. I liked it, in fact I hope to go back in October. :)

Congrats again Clyde and Mrs Clyde!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I was going to see if Clyde had registered for wedding gifts at the Lotus shop, but it seems to have disappeared. I must have blinked during fall 2003 and missed it.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Originally, Clyde was going to be wed after everything had settled down. Cars would in the hands of owners... things would be running like clockwork. He scheduled the wedding in July, 3 months after the cars were here.

You might think he would have known better. :)

I am sure it was only coincidence that Clyde was going out of town until the 12th and the decision was made to release the cars from the distribution centers...ON THE 12th. Just a coincidence.

hah... Clyde can't read this. He should be gone! I hope.

:)

Clyde, if you are reading this.. just kidding man... get back to your bride and the tropical drinks and surf. What the hell are you doing on the internet?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Maybe I should send him a wedding present. You know, something like a piece of paper with my name, my dealer's name, and my preferred options all with a couple of nice, crisp hundred dollar bills clipped to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts