The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night while flipping through channels I landed on Speedvision and an ad for the next episode of Autorotica...I think I saw a quick flash clip of the CO Exige (I cought it at the end of the clip.) I've checked their website but no info on the contents of the next show. Anybody else see this?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice short piece on the Elise with the yellow one the focus and Magnetic Blue lurking in the background. Didn't time it, but 45 seconds or so would be my guess. Nothing revolutionary revealed, but a fun view.

Unless I missed it the Exige wasn't even mentioned by name and got no more than 2 seconds of screen time as they were starting their segment on $300K+ supercars.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I was quite pleased when they said ' the Elise may be the world's most affordable supercar.' Now that's good praise.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Good.

I watched the entire damn show... except for about 90 seconds. And I never saw the Elise. lol

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Modern Wedgie said:
I was kinda dissapointed. I was hoping for a lot more on the exige.
Yeah, specially since they showed it in the lead in to the segment on the segment about the ubercars.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Watched it twice, never did see the Exige. Suppose if it was for two seconds it would be pretty easy to miss. Glad they did a spot of the Elise. Guess with the Exige not making it to the States (yet), they didn't fit it in... would have been nice if they had.

·
Registered
825 Posts
DCNSX said:
I was surprised that the SPEED channel covered the Geneva fashion show. There were a coupla cars in the background though.
I was really dissapointed in the coverage. They spent more time showing pictures of the company logos than the cars. At the end, all of the interviewer got together to cover their highlights from the show. They all talked about the press accomodations and giveaways, basically nothing about the cars.

I did think it was pretty cool that they quoted the new AMG SLK's 0-60 specs just before showing the Elise. And 74 seconds of Elise was definitely worth the other 1726 seconds of waiting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts