The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in SoCal NOT going on the 9/19 Sunday morning drive, there is the Coastline Car Classic car show at Crystal Cove State Park. This is not the Saturday morning meet at the Crystal Cove shopping center; it is across PCH at the state park, and on Sunday.

It is a judged event with "over 250 exotic show cars". It is open to the public from 10 AM - 4 PM. Admission is $5.00, kids under 12 free. It is a benefit event for the children of Assessment & Treatment Service Center of Orange County.

More info at:
http://www.cdmchamber.com/events/car_show.asp

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This was a great show. A high percentage of the cars were hot rods, custom cars and older muscle cars, but there were many interesting cars of every ilk there, as well. You know you've lived in CA too long when you quickly pass by a group of cars because "they're just another bunch of Ferraris"!

I have several dozen pictures and will post a sampling here.

A fabulous Superformance Daytona Coupe:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Multiple hot rods (in Aubergine, Krypton Green and Ardent Red):D
(actually, the first car is a very deep blue, with a hint of purple and the center car is really yellow, though it look like it is a little on the green side in this picture.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Nice pictures ChrisB. I think the superperformance Daytona Coupe was at the gathering on Staurday that we attended,and I believe it was for sale. Quite an impressive auto. This would make a nice addition to my stable, if I could afford one more.

Ron

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow, thanks for the pics. The Daytona coupe is badass.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, that Superformance Coupe was at the Saturday Crystal Cove meet. I was too tied up in the Elise activities to check it out before it was gone. :) The west coast Superformance dealer is in Costa Mesa near the airport.

There was a real Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe there today, as well. Interesting, but only on a race track or in a museum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts