The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello SirLotus

I registered in this forum due to a nightmare problem with the cobra 6422immobilizer of my Nissan R34 GTR. My name is Carlo and i live in Italy.

Pls take a look in the following link

Problem with BNR34 UK VSPEC Alarm/immobilizer. - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

It is a nightmare because not always the immobilizer has this problem. The remote control open/close doors always with no problem. So it is hard to find the fault. It cant be a fuse.

What is a your opinion about this fault. Do you think si possibile disabile permanently the immobizer Like The esprit?

Every comment will be apprenciated.

Thank you

Carlo

P.s.

I had a esprit s4 years ago

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It certainly could be possible to bypass the immobilizer if you can locate it.
Michael

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,954 Posts
Again, Contact @SirLotus (Michael) either via a Visitor Msg or a PM (after you get 5 posts). I MENTIONED him to get his attention.

You could start a new Topic with some pictures of your Esprit to get your post count up!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,954 Posts
BTW, the first post in this Topic has a link to a Wiring Connection Diagram...

·
Registered
1 Posts
@SirLotus I have recently Purchased a 1998 Esprit V8 but do not have any touch keys. One fob works but the other only partially. I am trying to locate someone with a jolly programmer so I can et a touch key programmed. Are you able to assist?

Thx
Chris
Cambridge, UK

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Michael - Do you still do the reprogramming on a Cobra Alarm. I have a 1999 Lotus and the original key fob was lost but not before doing the in car programming of a second Fob I bought on Ebay - The second key fob for some reason after this winter no longer deactivate's the alarm. I bought a new keyfob and obviously can't program that one either since I cannot deactivate the alarm. If I had a deactivation key would it be someplace special in the car (did not come with my purchase -used)? How can I contact you? My local repair place is ready to quote me on a new alarm etc...
My quickest email is [email protected]
Definitely need your help.

·
Registered
228 Posts
One of my 2 remote fobs (2003 Esprit V8) has apparently failed, no response when either button is pressed, the fob LED indicator doesn't even light. Tried with a known good battery, no joy.

It's not a huge deal, both touch keys and my other fob still work fine, just a bit annoying.

Thinking about trying to order a replacement fob, if they are still available, but am hesitant because the Esprit manual states that whenever a new fob is programmed to the car it erases all existing programmed fobs. Two primary concerns:

1) Shouldn't be a big deal to reprogram my other still-working fob, but concerned if something might go wrong in the process and I could be left with no working fobs.

2) Even more of a concern, does this mean programming a new fob to the car would wipe out my touch key programming?

Any info is appreciated.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts