The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I keep getting code P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance

I checked the MAF sensor and changed it with a new one. I Reset the code and the car started to run very strong.
The code came back after a day and the car started to runs a bet slow.
and some times the engine dies when coming to a stop.

My car is 2010 S240 with:

1-k&N filter
2-Headers with high flow cats
3-Quick Silver exhaust
4-Tune

Is there any thing I'm missing?? what do I need to look for?

Is it due to the K&N filter ?

Thank you for the help

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Did you recently oil the filter?

You could remove the filter, or - better - get the paper filter and see how that goes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So this happened on my Exige back when Sector111 owned it... Turned out to be the O-ring seal between the supercharger and the outlet elbow.

Check out their blog post on it for more info. Hope this helps!

edit: and incase it is the O-ring, you'll need part#: A128E6000F
Thank you very much for your help. I will work on it by next week.

Regarding the O-ring do you know if I can get it from Toyota parts? or from O-ring parts shop? as we don't have any lotus parts in our rubbish dealer.

Thank you again,

Hazim

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you recently oil the filter?

You could remove the filter, or - better - get the paper filter and see how that goes.
No, the filter is new and have not been oiled yet. Usually when I oil the K&N I let it set to dry for a day then reinstall it.

Thank you,

Hazim

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thank you very much for your help. I will work on it by next week.

Regarding the O-ring do you know if I can get it from Toyota parts? or from O-ring parts shop? as we don't have any lotus parts in our rubbish dealer.

Thank you again,

Hazim
I'm not sure if you can get it from Toyota...

It may or may not be the O-ring in your case though. Read the blog post and follow the procedures they used to find the leak. It could be occurring at another part in the system.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hazim any luck with this? My Ex-saudi Elise SC has the same error code pending, but I'm having massive hiccup / hesitation issues around 2,500 - 3,000 rpm. Car is running Cup Airbox with HKS Filter (Foam type not oiled), have cleaned MAF sensor (car has only done 1,700 km) but no luck - cleaning made it driveable again, but still something is very wrong :-S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts