The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 2005 Elise, dead stock, about 18,000 miles

In late spring while on a trip, left the gas cap after fueling and drove about 100 miles or more when I realized it was missing. I was in the midddle of no where but there was a NAPA store and using the internet on my iPhone, I found that a NAPA cap (part no. 703-1646) made for a Jaguar was a fit and other Elise owners claimed it worked fine...BTW, I never had a code come up even with the cap off all this time.

Later in summer I had my first code P0455 appear, I deleted it, then in early December it happened again.

So...is it the cheapo cap and should I spring for the $60 Lotus cap or could there be something else wrong other than the cap to cause the P0455 code.

If the Lotus Cap is the answer, with my closest Lotus dealer 3 hours away, any advise best place to get one shipped to me.

Thanks for all

John

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Did the same thing last summer. Tried two after market Toyota caps. First had too long of threads the next was shorter and made a seal. Code stayed on for days. I went back to the parts store and they cleared the code for me. All is good now. I thought the code would clear in time but needed the reader to clear it. I live 3 hrs away from Lotus dealer too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts