The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P0507 Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected
on a 05 elise.
what can set this code off?possible fixes?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
quite a few things, Bad IAC, dirty maf, dirty or bad throttle body/butterfly, air's getting past the throttle body where it shouldn't usually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I always get this 0507 :wallbang:

Do you think this has something to do with the ITG filter?
I bought the car with this setup and I had no Mil for 8000 miles and now I can't drive more than 100 miles without this anoying orange light turning on on my stack...

I already cleaned the MAF, the buterfly and the IAC, both were dusty and the IAC is no turning smoothly as a new one (stil some tiny rought spots while turning it with my fingers)

Any ideas?

Thanx

·
Registered
879 Posts
I just got this code today. First, what's an IAC? Sorry if its a dumb question, I'm an old man that spent the last 12 years driving a '66 Jaguar E-type.

What are appropriate actions to take?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thanks Mr. Know, now can anybody tell me WHY IN THE HELL LotusGarage wants $504.78 for this part???? Is it a Toyota part?

Before replacing this part is there any other action I should take?

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Please figure this out, I'm getting it too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed the IAC and guess what? The MIL stil light after a 20 min ride...

A friend of mine had the same trouble, he changed the throttle body (but still has the old IAV) and now he has a normal idle (800 rpm instead of 1200+ )

We both have aftermarket induction on our NA Exiges, and everything inside the induction (maf, butterfly...) gets quite dusty, I think that's what cause the wear of the butterfly and then the high rpm idle.

I hope this will help.

Simon

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Wow, if the inside of your induction is so dusty that it is wearing the butterfly, imagine what it does in the combustion chambers. I'd S-can that "induction" setp and get a proper air filter.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
any solutions anyone

I have this code after a VF2 install........cleaned the MAF...cleaned the throttle body, changed throttle body gasket....checked for leaks, no leaks so :confused:....no avail same code pops up.......bought a used throttle body ( hasn't arrived yet) and maybe that will solve my issue will keep you guys posted......

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Replace throttle body

same problems..............ready to sell this POS!!!:mad:

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Any resolutions out there?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just got this after replacing my leaking throttle body. Yea, the coolant gasket on the bottom can leak. Lots of fun.

Anyway, I did two things. I took off the ACV and sprayed some teflon spray lube into the valve. Then I adjusted the little screw thingy the throttle cable/bracket rests on at idle. There is a 8mm nut on the bottom that needs loosening, but then the screw can be turned down, lowering the throttle. I found out through trial and error, and having a throttle position sensor to watch helps, that it needs to be as low as possible. Play with it and you'll figure out where to set it so it is as low as possible. Too low and the throttle cable won't actually rest on it and the engine will stall.

For the sensor, just about 11.5% throttle was my magic number. CEL actually went away by itself.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I just got this after replacing my leaking throttle body. Yea, the coolant gasket on the bottom can leak. Lots of fun.

Anyway, I did two things. I took off the ACV and sprayed some teflon spray lube into the valve. Then I adjusted the little screw thingy the throttle cable/bracket rests on at idle. There is a 8mm nut on the bottom that needs loosening, but then the screw can be turned down, lowering the throttle. I found out through trial and error, and having a throttle position sensor to watch helps, that it needs to be as low as possible. Play with it and you'll figure out where to set it so it is as low as possible. Too low and the throttle cable won't actually rest on it and the engine will stall.

For the sensor, just about 11.5% throttle was my magic number. CEL actually went away by itself.

Yours is a DBC or DBW?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just got a similar problem and what I've done so far was clean the MAF, throttle body, check for vacuum leaks. The strange is the car runs normal as it can be, the idle not high at all (at 825 rpm) and the code will pop after about 3-4 miles driving. It doesn't give pending code first, just hard code right away.

From the live data scanner throttle opening is 11.2% (idle), and I checked other Lotus, it's just exactly the same. So the TPS should be in the right position.

Any idea how to approach how to fix the problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The strange is the car runs normal as it can be, the idle not high at all (at 825 rpm) and the code will pop after about 3-4 miles driving....From the live data scanner throttle opening is 11.2% (idle)
I'm seeing the same P0507 here as well. my TPS at idle is at 11.4%.

I've been running a log on mine and found that while the car is in motion, in neutral and foot off the gas; the TPS will be at 11.4% and the RPMs are up at 1100ish. when i come to a stop, the TPS will be at 11.4% and the RPMs are at 850ish.

anyone else with this issue notice an idle RPM difference while the car is moving vs at rest?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had P0507 engine light on after having 2005 Elise sitting at body shop for a 1 month. now it went off by itself after driving a couple of weeks now.

do you think it'll come back on?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts