The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for coilovers for my 06 Elise. Must be street friendly. Agressive spring rates for street ok though.
Let me know what you have!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Everything I have read, (repeating what I have read, not what I know first hand), go Nitrons or go home.

Everything I read says that most shocks are good, Nitrons are great (improve the ride and handling.)

Again, this is what I have read because I am just $2k short of thinking my LSS shocks are no good:)

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Check into blackwatchracing.com 's Penskes... a nicer shock than the Nitron, FWIW... The Nitrons are very nice. The Penskes nicer...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Dang I am glad I added the disclaimer!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Might want to check into Quantum Zero as well. Supposedly perform how LSS should have (i.e. pre-set, street compliant, stiff enough to have fun, not "crashy" / sharp like the LSS ended up being).

I've got Nitron Singles and even with 550/700 springs the Nitrons still feel better than LSS on the street. You can feel the stiff springs, but the dampers make the edges of impacts smooth rather than harsh like the LSS shocks did.

Ohlins might be worth a glance too. Still a cut below Penskes, but more common than Nitrons on other cars here in the US so a wider choice of shops to assist with valving or repair if necessary.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Penskes all the way. I have the "street/autox" setup and it is phenominal! Completely changes the characteristics of the car to a positive, 100%! I would never look anothr direction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts