The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Sarasota FL area know who will install a radium CAI for a 2010 Evora? Or should I go to the Local Lotus dealer?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I do not know anyone in Sarasota, however if you feel like driving up to Jax, I'll do it for a beer :D

Seriously if you can follow directions and swing a wrench, it is an easy install. Do not be afraid.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The hardest part is simply getting the few zip-ties that are underneath cut. Instillation for the uninitiated shouldn't take more than an hour. Add a good 30m each time you drop a bolt though :) so just don't drop a bolt - or have a nice magnet on a stick ready.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
yep
No special tools required. Directions provided are very good
+1 hardest part is getting to a couple of zipties.

Gives you a real feeling of accomplishment once it is done:clap:

·
Registered
75 Posts
2 hours of work for a dealership. not sure what a dealer charges per hour of work.

I have never really worked on a car (engine) and i did mine myself in 2 hours. it was fun. looking for something else now to do to the car that isnt beyond my skill level.... i kjeep thinking stereo upgrade but i am concerned that will be a mess....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I installed my CAI and stereo. Maybe 1.5hrs for the intake and about 45 minutes for the Pioneer head unit. I had the same concerns with that dash.

Have faith in the Radium instructions. It works....even had pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have not installed it yet waiting for it to arrive. All of you give me alot of confidence that i can install it. The dealer is saying one hour at $160. Maybe my friend from Jacksonville wants to visit siesta key and I will give him two cases of beer to help me install.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Have not installed it yet waiting for it to arrive. All of you give me alot of confidence that i can install it. The dealer is saying one hour at $160. Maybe my friend from Jacksonville wants to visit siesta key and I will give him two cases of beer to help me install.
I have an idea - if you can wait, let's meet at LOG and get some assistance from a few hundred other Lotus owners :D. Your maiden drive with the Radium could be track day at Sebring.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Whatever you do don't lose that little rubber cap for the vacuum port! It may be tiny but it's extremely crucial piece of the 'puzzle' :)

My vacuum tester came in the mail today and I went to test my car with it and noticed my vacuum cap was off! I have another cap on it now. No wonder my car had been acting a bit strange.

I can imagine anyone who works on your car could rub their elbow against it and pull it off (which is probably what happened in my case? -shrug-). I affixed a small ziptie around the temporary cap to be safe.

Anyway my tester read a rock-steady 20 PSI so all is well! :coolnana:

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
Where is the actual LOG event in Orlando? Also how do sign up for sebring track time?
Orlando Hilton; early registartion must be postmarked by Sept 1st.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts