The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car had various cold air mods by the previous owner that really shows the cars can be comfortable in hot weather. Nice day today not the 100's that we've had for the past month. Here's what I recorded on a quick 80 mile ride today.

Ourside air 90deg, windshield 104, dash 130, vents 36

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
please share the mods details
I think the PO did all the mods listed here and then some. Start with the link but I would google every mods out there. Some are clam off some not. He was an engineer with access to multiple machine shops and had done a lot of custom suspension and a/c mods. He built the engine and modified the transmission as well. Elise-Exige A/C the final answer, conclusions

·
Administrator
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now if only my AC kicking on wouldn't feel like someone is disconnecting the ECU for a split second!
Cold air and 258whp!

·
Administrator
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@arsenal

Are you referring to the issue per the attached TSB? If so, there's a fix...
Last year I had that happen two or three times always over 100 deg outside and you would be cruising along fine and then then engine misses a beat and keeps on going. Your ears are at full attention when it happens again ten min down the road another hic up. I found that TSB and have the relays here just haven't done anything yet as I was waiting for another "failure". Atlanta Speedometer carries repair relays.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Well they are buying from the dealer for360 bucks.....cheaper in England.......lotusgarage has it for 175 but then you would have to buy it again I guess.....thats what it cost 3 years ago

1 - 13 of 13 Posts