The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Evora seems to have a cold start after sitting for no more then 2 days. Is this common with the Evora or is this something that can be cured? Anyone else have the same issue?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine rough idles for several seconds if it sits in my garage for two or three days, or overnight outside on a colder night (10C).

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I would get that looked at - it shouldn't be "hard" to start these toyota engines after just a couple days of sitting. They are too user friendly for that.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mine was doing this, I thought it normal but when mentioned to the service dept they diagnosed a faulty fuel pump (leaking down pressure over time) and replaced it.

Always starts first time now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
try it the cautious way:
1) turn the key, dashfigures allume
2) discharge the alarm with the middle button on the key
3) listen to the fuelpump sucking (2 seconds)
4) and then start.

If you have troubles again, the fuelpump should be replaced.
If not... start cautious and you are settled. A.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You had me curious where you live to have a "cold start" in August! I mean I live in Alaska and it's not even cold here yet.. still in the 40s at night.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Check your voltage. The Evora has been known to exhibit slightly higher parasitic discharge rates than average. A couple of days left idle may leave the voltage significantly drained as it was in my case. After two days sitting, it would take a fully charged battery from 12.8v down to 12.6. and four days will bring it down to 12.4. I can imagine after a full week the car might even have trouble turning over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts