The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,931 Posts
I'm no longer interested in the car anymore. Colin skimped on not getting the 5-band Equalizer option.
But hey! He got the power steering option and the hay fever filters! How's THAT for unique?

·
Registered
587 Posts
The writer doesn't seem to know much about Esprits. I'd like to see more photos of the engine bay and underside to verify some of the claims. There is a pump arrangement at the rear of the cams that is the location of the smog pump on Federal Turbo Esprits. I suppose it is possible that this is where the power steering pump was installed.

·
Premium Member
1987 Lotus Turbo Esprit HCI - Pearl white w/ Blue interior - No mods
28 Posts
I wonder what they finally accepted, I hope it went for big bucks. Back in the day, I owed 3 BMW 2002s when they were worth nothing, I never thought I'd see a day when BMW 2002s would ever be valued in the same ball park. Esprits were such an iconic exotic back then, strange how the values didn't climbed much.. But maybe someday..

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
That Esprit look awesome.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1987 Lotus Turbo Esprit HCI - Pearl white w/ Blue interior - No mods
28 Posts
It looks like we have the answer. Very appropriate outcome:

Yeah it was great to hear Lotus got this car back. Even better for all Esprit owners that the company is now invested in preserving Lotus heritage which strengthens the brand. Hopefully increasing values closer to competing Ferraris of the same period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts