The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I was looking around for Hardtops for my 2005 lotus elise and the issue i'm having is I want a hardtop, but I also want to be able to put it in my trunk when i'm not using it. anywhere I can look?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
In heaven, currently a collapsable hard roof is not available. The trunk space is the challenge in the engineering.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I went on a drive with a guy who had a hard top with two panels that would pop out, leaving a spine in the middle. The panels fit in the trunk. All I remember is that it was pretty pricey. It's the only one I've seen. Look around here for t-top and you might find it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I went on a drive with a guy who had a hard top with two panels that would pop out, leaving a spine in the middle. The panels fit in the trunk. All I remember is that it was pretty pricey. It's the only one I've seen. Look around here for t-top and you might find it.
Unfortunately, they were notorious for requiring semi-permanent modification to the car, fitting poorly, and leaking quite a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to look up that t top lotus part it sounds very cool. I agee that a setup like that may leak, but thats how lotus work,s a manual that came with my car said that if there was a rain downpour the roof would leak, it is stuff like that, that makes me like my car even more :)
Thanks for the posts. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
That wasn't a Lotus part, though they did one in a concept car once. This one was an after,aren't system. Search "gullwing" on here and you'll find all the details. As mentioned, they weren't very good and they are no longer available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes I did see that gullwing setup it was really cool, but I doubt I would do that. I think that this one company will do the mod but it was like $4,000 and the mods looked irreparible .

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
Yeah I dont know were I stand if they work it would be cool but I wouldn't have a convertible.
We don't have a convertible, we have a targa, which would become a t-top with this option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts