The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i do not see any of these as ever being collectible cars :Cadillac XLR-V, Smart car, Impreza WRX STi, S2000 CR.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
WRX Sti will hold hold up! They are all over the rally scene and preform well. Surprised the EVO didnt make the list...those guys are cult like and the cars respond extremely well to mods.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
These lists are always entertaining, but the reality is just about any car can become collectible. I remember all the cars of the 70's that I never figured anyone would collect, yet today there are guys paying good money for AMC Pacers and other nasty cars from that era. Look at the 60's muscle car collector rage right now. After all the truly rare cars became out of reach for the average guy the plain low HP versions started becoming valuable. It is amazing what can happen to the market with ordinary cars when someone decides for some reason that they should be collected.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Something is only worth as much as someone is willing (and able) to pay for it. I would imagine that rarity would make good grounds for a collectible. Simple lack of supply :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
i thought "collector cars" are those made with details in mind, high quality materials, extreme engineering and usually come in small quantity.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
do they remake these lists every month?

Because this has already been posted awhile back. :shrug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts