The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

Anyone here know what the value of a 1992 Dodge Viper (first 300 hand made batch) with extremely low mileage (300miles)

I may have an opportunity to purchase this car that i would probably resell to someone that actually collects these type of vehicles. It would be ashame to put this car on the road.

I have searched the Net, but there is only generic info and pricing based on later models with higher mileage.

Is there any additional worth to the fact that it is one of the first production? with that low mileage?

thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I think you could get more accurate information on a viper forum...particularly since MamoVaka...I mean StallionX is bannedrotfl

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
To me the value would of been in driving the heck out it, and that's been lost. But that's just me. I sure someone out there wants a garage art piece.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will post on one of the viper forums.. but i figure i'd try here first since i am a lotus guy:)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Stick with what you know. Investing in cars is not easy. When you invest in cars that you do not know inside and out, including all of the minutia - like whether a particular screw is cad or zinc plated - you are just an easy mark for someone. Be very very careful!

Jerry

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I own a lotus and i am definitely a driver so i get the putting the car on the road thing... i agree that it was ashame NOT TO at the time, but considering the age and the low mileage.. i think that a collector would need to get this particular car in the end.

As for the origins of this car, i know the (only) owner for a very long time, a great friend of mine that used to collect cars (not even for the value, he just liked looking at them).. now he is into other hobbies so I think its a good opportunity.. I know enough about cars.. just never was into american muscle... so just looking for a little advice...

JohnnyQ, thanks i will give him a call.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The issue with selling cars for a profit is like any other collector piece, its only worth a premium price to the right buyer.

Someone out there is willing to pay top dollar for a first run Viper with little to no miles on it, you just have to find that person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts