The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be travelling to Cologne on business next November. What should I not miss?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Koln is a great city! If you like a good Kolsch beer then you will be in heaven! I think there is a fest that starts in Novemeber there as well if I remember correctly. If you are a wine drinker then you should try to get down to the Mosel valley as well. I may be in the area in Novemeber so let me know when you go and we can go grab a pint! I will actually be in Kaiserslautern in about 12 days too (fiancee lives there).

ms355- where are you in Germany?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am near Koblenz, about halfway from Frankfurt to Cologne.
Oh ok awesome! I will be flying into Frankfurt on the 21st. I just wish I could bring my Elise with me!!! My fiance is working a few days while I am there so I will be traveling all over western Germany to do some exploring!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Oh ok awesome! I will be flying into Frankfurt on the 21st. I just wish I could bring my Elise with me!!! My fiance is working a few days while I am there so I will be traveling all over western Germany to do some exploring!
Great. I will be out of home until the 28th, but after that date you can pm me in case you are getting close to Koblenz.

So here is a map for Randy. I think I don't need to say much more, although if I were asked at what time of the year not to visit Germany I would definitely say November and December. It is dark, wet, cold, rainy and very often there will be the first snow of the season. However there are many really interesting places and buildings and also fine restaurants to visit in this area. Just let me know your travel plans.

Attachments

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Do they have a good train system there? I'd go to the Porsche factory no matter how far away it is. :D

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Has anyone ever proposed cleaning the outside of that cathedral??

·
Registered
852 Posts
I will definitely PM you because it is only like an hour and a half away! I will be there until the April 6th.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Do they have a good train system there? I'd go to the Porsche factory no matter how far away it is. :D
Train system is good. . . thanks to the great wars. I have found that German train prices are a bit more steep than most of the EU, but with the way the dollar is now I guess they are all expensive!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'd go to the Porsche factory no matter how far away it is.
The Porsche factory is a great tour - we were there last October. A new museum is being built so you might want to wait until it is complete. Of course the main factory in Stuttgart, which is south from ms355, is not too far by train. Stuttgart downtown is interesting to visit as well. Great restaurants.

If plans include traveling to several parts of Germany, a 4 or 5 day pass can be a good idea. They do not need to be consecutive days.

Finally, the Deutsches Museum in Munich is an absolutely amazing place. IMHO, much better than the Smithsonian.

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
A trip to Stuttgart will definitely be one of my day trips while she is working! I love my Lotus, but IMO nothing beats the exhaust note of a porsche. . . love it!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts