The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fortunately (?) I have about 10 months to wait, and prob a few months before I have to order, but I can't even come close to deciding on the color for my Elise! Can't wait to see pics as people get delivery -- I think the lighter colors look the best (and best for visibility from those SUVs!) -- every couple days I have a new color that is "the one!"

How did you all come to choose your colors? And why isn't white offered in the USA?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
If the white was offered in the US, I would have chosen it and then added the green stripes.

It seems that we will see different lifestyle colors being offered by Lotus, so I would not rule out any color in the future.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It literally was a game time decision for me. I asked friends their opinions, looked at tons of pictures, etc. In the end I decided on Saffron, it just seemed right.

In the end, the car doesn't look bad in any color IMO, so I rested knowing that no matter what color I picked, it would be neat. Any color you get is going to catch the eye and be unique (especially with only 2200 coming over).

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
the color choice also drove me crazy and i also would love white. I chose arctic silver because it is close to white and being so light it contrasts perfectly with all the black accents.

I still second guess it every day though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Like you my first choice is white. I was told that white wasn't flattering on the car, so it wasn't an option. Then I see it is an option for the UK version, uh, what gives?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My other sports car is white...

Not sure I'd want another white one but at least I'd want the choice...! Oh well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My old S1 was white. Not a lot of people in Europe seemed to like it and it was never very popular there. I believe only 50 were made worldwide.

As soon as I saw one I like it and ordered one. My 111R is saffron which I should get on Saturday!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
ACP:

Do you know if the roof on a 111R is available in different colours
in England? We only have black available here.

And if so, are they compatable with the roofs that will be offerred on the US Models? Will the shorter roof style from an S2 fit (not the longer one that is in you pictures) fit on an 111R or are they using different weatherstipping moulding that makes them incompatable?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I believe that the roofs on the 111R will fit the federal car. Roofs can be ordered in black (standard), red, blue and green.

I think that a standard short tail S2 roof will also fit a 111R and federal Elise.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Just the other day I was looking at a website and saw a white S2 and thought it looked good which suprised me because I have to be honest, Ive never really considered a white sports car.

I agree, would be cool if they offered it in white.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

:drool:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I changed my mind four times in December, but ultimately had to decide fast (1st order). I went with the color I thought I'd find least objectionable after a year of owning it-Bordeau Red. It's sweet looking, and won't attract as money cops as Ardent Red or Yellow. My 2nd choice was BRG.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I agree: the color options are vexing, which is amazing considering the vast number of options.

yellow, ardent red and aubergine = too loud for my tastes.

arctic silver and bordeaux red = too bland and "adult" for my tastes.

all the dark colors = they don't show off the car's lines and black accents well enough.

Lifestyle colors = I refuse to pay such a high premium for paint.

Leaning toward Titanium Silver, which I'm hoping will look sort of like a flat, industrial gray instead of silver. Might also consider midnight blue if it turns out to be not so dark.

BTW: I think I just read in the latest issue of Roundel that silver cars get in the fewest accidents.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Color choice

Color choice has to be the toughest! Whatever you pick, you have to live with, and, unlike most cars, you likely didn't get the chance to really see one that color live. So you have to judge by pictures, which are unreliable, since the real thing looks different.

On the good side, whatever you get will look at least good!

I worked it backwards to eliminate the ones I didn't like. Ardent Red looked good on the Elise I saw at the Pittsburgh Show, but red isn't my taste and attracts undesirable attention, i.e., from cops. Likewise with yellow, and some cars look too toylike for me, though it might look great real.

I don't like blue, so that eliminates three options. Silver? Too common. Storm Titanium or Graphite Grey? Interesting, but too subdued for the Elise's beautiful lines. I've got an Envy Green (rather light and a bit toward yellow) VibeGT, so forget Krypton as it would clash badly.

Black? Never. Too hard to deal with. I could never really appreciate a Purple car. Orange is interesting, but too loud. I'd love to see one, but not own it.

So that leaves three options, which alternate periodically in my thoughts. I've always appreciated British Racing Green on sports cars. Bordeaux Red must look really classy live. Both the dark colors probably look more serious than the other option, Aztec Bronze, which, on the plus side, would be rather unique as it doesn't seem too popular.

But on the down side, every other car that drives by is dark red in color. The Racing Green in pictures subdues the car's features and just doesn't look as dark and rich as other BRG colors I've seen, if you can judge by pics. And the Bronze might look silly in real life. But it might look great.

Generally, I think the dark colors subdue the details -- curves and lines -- while looking more serious and substantial and emphasizing the whole look of the car. The light colors highlight those details and bring focus on the contrast with the black louvers on the side and front "hood" area.

I'm hoping I can see some of these if they arrive before I have to make my order. It will be a tough choice otherwise, and likely just be how I feel right at that moment when I have to make the call.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The good thing about Lotus' small size, they can add and take away paint colors relatively quickly.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see white, stripes and other goodies the second, third years!!
Chris

1 - 20 of 24 Posts