The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those of us that have our orders in and now finally seeing more and more pics and videos of the Elise and the true colors, are any of you having color remorse?

I am not sure if I am but I might be, so just seeing if I was the only one. If anyone has gone through this have they done anything about it? Tried to change with the dealer? Trade with other buyers (even or down) to change?

Also, for curiosity, does anyone know when the next "round" of orders get submitted?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
everytime i see a new picture i want whatever color it is. i think that just means that i REALLY want my car! Seriously this car looks awesome in every single color.

If i had it to do over again i'd probably order either Krypton or Aubergine but if i had done that i'd regret not ordering CO so it's really a lose-lose or a win-win depending on your outlook.

-Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was torn between STti and Graphite. Based on the pictures on this site I felt what is listed as Storm Ti was really Gunmetal. Now if you look at the Lotuscars.com and see StormTi it definately
has a brown tint. So, I still don't know what graphite looks like (I'm assuming its a dark metallic gray with a blue tint) and Lotus didn't take one to Birmingham. Plus, that paint chip chart wasn't very helpful.

We should get a post with dealer cars very soon. Then we'll know.

Brian

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Not a doubt - happy with my decision

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Brain numb form thinking about colors. I’m glade I have placed my order and have committed to BRP… Now I just need my car.:D

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
I got the Saffron w/ black, but often think about Ardent Red w/Biscuit...that too is one hot combo!
I'm between those two combos also. Maybe I'll get the Ardent/Biscuit and we can trade cars in a year? ;)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
BTC said:
I was torn between STti and Graphite. Based on the pictures on this site I felt what is listed as Storm Ti was really Gunmetal. Now if you look at the Lotuscars.com and see StormTi it definately
has a brown tint. So, I still don't know what graphite looks like (I'm assuming its a dark metallic gray with a blue tint) and Lotus didn't take one to Birmingham. Plus, that paint chip chart wasn't very helpful.

We should get a post with dealer cars very soon. Then we'll know.

Brian
Here's an idea of how Graphite may look

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
transio said:
I'm between those two combos also. Maybe I'll get the Ardent/Biscuit and we can trade cars in a year? ;)
Don't tease Transio, because I just need a reason for a road trip to beautiful sunny Miami Beach. You better make it Ardent w/biscuit then ...See ya next year :)

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
ever since i first saw Saffron, i've wanted it. I ordered it, and STILL really want saffron.

but a special part of me wants CO. I called the dealer to switch, but alas, it was too late. :eek:

but i'll be perfectly happy with Saffron. :)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Oh JD, you don't need to pay extra for your car to look like that...all you need to do is ask that the car be delivered pre-primered.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Vantage said:
Oh JD, you don't need to pay extra for your car to look like that...all you need to do is ask that the car be delivered pre-primered.
Came out a little flat eh? Back to the drawing board...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Yeah, but I can't even change the color to gray, so don't worry. :clap:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Sometimes I think ST might not be flashy enough, and that silver/grey colors are too popular these days, so might seem dated in 10 years, or that ST doesn't actually match any of the pictures I have, but then I just remember that the best view is going to be looking over the green and yellow badge on the steering wheel, and all will be well listening to the sound of the engine try to catch up to me from behind.

:)

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wanted SY but was lucky enough to be able to pay the extra cash to change to CO. :D I'm still torn between the two colors though.

If Arnie is out of the Lotus picture as I saw it, I may not get the Elise and go with the Yellow C6. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Buy two! ...or three!

When my dealer surprised me by asking for my order in late Feb. I was in my 'blue period', so I made it Nightfall Blue. Since then I have days when I notice every clean red car and wonder if I could change my order. But I've also wished I'd gone for the Graphite . . . and Bordeaux Red . . . Magnetic Blue . . . Racing Green . . . a different car for each day of the week, that's the solution!
Like most everyone else, I'm just looking forward to seeing how the world looks through the windshield and the color is like . . .whatever. I did sweat it for a long time before deciding and don't think I'll regret choosing Nightfall Blue.

·
Registered
971 Posts
They come in other colors than racing green?-eek- :huh:

·
Registered
818 Posts
i couldnt decide between magnetic blue, bordeaux red, storm titanium. got it down to blue and red, then down to blue.

now i want krypton green. i tried to change but they said its too late. cars are already "grouped" and getting ready to build.

So now i stuck with magnetic blue.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts