The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Think its a Tesla. Those aren't the Elise's door panels.

·
I'll do it my way
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call. I thought they might have been the latest model or something. I recognized the window trim.

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Who cares! The kid was mental and we are so afraid of calling people a wack job these days. Its our own fault.

And how the hell do you smuggle a shotgun into a school? I used to take one to school because we were going dove hunting after. Furthest thing from my mind was shooting somebody because I was brought up rite and my brain wasn't screwed up with a bunch of hippy liberal bull****!

This crap sickens me and its our fault! But hey.....Every kid gets a trophy!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Who cares! The kid was mental and we are so afraid of calling people a wack job these days. Its our own fault.

And how the hell do you smuggle a shotgun into a school? I used to take one to school because we were going dove hunting after. Furthest thing from my mind was shooting somebody because I was brought up rite and my brain wasn't screwed up with a bunch of hippy liberal bull****!

This crap sickens me and its our fault! But hey.....Every kid gets a trophy!

Amen.

·
shay2nak
25,134 Posts
He didn't smuggle the shotgun, he just open carried it into the school.

And I agree with GunP, liberals have ruined this country. Just look at Detroit, Chicago, DC...

·
Registered
87 Posts
How about we blame the shooter for the shooting? Or the parents? Or the lack of good mental health care? How about some personal responsibility? Let's disregard the fact that fellow students thought he was perfectly normal and wouldn't consider him a wack-job - or that he was the LAST person they thought would do this. Nahhhhhh, let's just blame liberals. Problem solved!!!!

Oh, and to stay on topic, it's a Tesla.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Well, here is a social math question:

Tesla (Green, government subsidized tax dodge)

+

a "Bidenator" (i.e. VP recommended shotgun)

=

A. Liberal

B. Cable TV ratings bonanza

C. Political opportunity

D. All of the above

-poke-

BTW: the NYPD is now sending letters to city gun owners telling them they must turn in or sell their weapons with more than a five round capacity in accord with recent legislation or face criminal prosecution.

Not a -poke-

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Lenco's profits right now must be going through the roof. Everytime a tragedy like this happens a photo or video footage is shown of officers riding on the truck.

Oxymoron of this is these officers need protection and are riding on the floor boards outside the vehicle. These trucks can fit 8 to 10 people inside without a problem and give total protection. Reason I know this is because I used to build the electrical systems, HVAC, and QC the trucks.

Robert

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
Another sickening recent concept is the OVERUSE of the terms "liberal" or "conservative". Sad really...

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Politics has an awful lot less to do with what happens in the world than people give it credit for.

A tremendously lot less. Really does not mean much at all.

But people's blind ideas that they are somehow magically cared by some sort of father figures is sure amusing.

Meanwhile I danced to Widespread Panic 'till 4:30 AM. Very very pronounced lack of government controls.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Yeah... getting a little tired of people using tragedies to further their own political agenda.

Who is really at fault here?

1) The shooter
2) The parents
3) The general public for basically glamorizing stuff like this all over the national news. I doubt anyone outside of Colorado would have even known happened in years past... not to sound insensitive but the death of one crazy teenager shouldn't warrant the time of the President of the United States.

What really gets me is that the libtards keep forcing the crazy conservatives to respond with a knee-jerk reaction. :facepalm

Both parties will continue to alienate the middle as long as they keep this up.

·
Less is Better
2,883 Posts
That is the high school that I went to. It's an upper middle class suburban area. Lots of doctors and professionals.

There are good, wonderful teachers working at that school and fun, smart kids going there.

I don't have much respect for anyone who wants to make a political stand when these things happen.

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
So we are not going to use the words Liberal, Hippy, ***, or Pelosi lover.

When did society start to decay so it reached this point? How do we prevent further decay? Or is it to late?

30 years ago if I did not like my teacher, I complained to my parents. My dad hit me in the back of the head and told me to suck it up, I was there to learn.

Taking a shotgun to school and shooting my teacher was something criminals do and I wasn't a criminal. When did our children start thinking this was okay and looked cool.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts

When did society start to decay so it reached this point? How do we prevent further decay? Or is it to late?

30 years ago if I did not like my teacher, I complained to my parents. My dad hit me in the back of the head and told me to suck it up, I was there to learn.

Taking a shotgun to school and shooting my teacher was something criminals do and I wasn't a criminal. When did our children start thinking this was okay and looked cool.
I think whenever this happens, they should take the parents to court for being an accessory to murder. If parents actually watched their kids now instead of letting Call of Duty /Battlefield be their kids mentors maybe stuff like this wouldn't happen.

I VERY HIGHLY DOUBT there were no warning signs. The media just loves to print sh*t like that as a fear mongering attempt against firearms. If you make parents do a (reduced) sentence for the crimes their kids commit you'll probably see an increased amount of accountability.

·
Registered
972 Posts
About 5 years before I got to highschool there used to be a kid in town that would call in a bomb scare to the school every once in a while to get a half day. Of course they took it seriously enough to let people go early, but not to the point where they hunted down the kid and jailed him for life.

And he did it for the half day, not to instill mortal terror in every soul in town. Nor to actually do anyone any harm. It's still something people get a chuckle out of. Nowadays that kid would be in a psych ward or federal pound me in the ass prison for pulling a prank like that. And yes bomb scares are not to be taken lightly. Duh.

I think most of American society has just about gone off the rails with political correct, nanny state bullsh**.

@Bane, what happened to personal responsibility? Isn't that something that should be taught to kids, regardless of what video games they play, what music they like or what way they dress? That to me anyway, is more important than having a scapegoat to "stone" in the public square for their kids' misdeeds.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts

Did we have the same dad? I agree. We we're taught respect! We also did n't feel that the world owed us anything!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't have much respect for anyone who wants to make a political stand when these things happen.

These things happen because kids with mental health issues in society do not get help. There is little help for parents that take care of kids with mental health issues.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts

These things happen because kids with mental health issues in society do not get help. There is little help for parents that take care of kids with mental health issues.
Why is everything about getting help nowadays? That leads to a bigger and more intrusive government that will dictate who actually receives help (The Capitol loves you). This is the parents fault, hands down. People shouldn't be looking to point fingers elsewhere when the problem stemmed at home with this kids upbringing.

So my (legitimate) question to the left: Why didn't this happen more often in the past when guns were much easier to obtain? I had a rifle when I was 8 years old but was taught to respect it appropriately just like how my Dad taught me to drive a car.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts