The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that some people were not happy with Saffron yellow when they saw it in person. Somthing about not being the same as pictures they saw. Can someone confirm this please?

Also Bordeaux red, is it the same in person?

I think I will get one of these for the exterior, so it is very important to me as the nearest dealer is 15 hours {in one direction} away.

Thanks again!

Neil

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Your nearest dealer is 15 hours away (1 way), and you're buying a Lotus??? Brave man! Are you aware that you need to take the car in for service at the 1000 mile mark? Heck, by the time you get home, it'll be time to turn around and head back for the service! :D

SY is beautiful in person. As nice as the pics.

BRP is a very complex color. Looks very different, depending on the lighting, angle, etc.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
pinmagic said:
Your nearest dealer is 15 hours away (1 way), and you're buying a Lotus???
He's braver than you think. He's in Canada, so he's in the spot most of us were two years ago when we were hoping that the rumors that the Elise was coming were true.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Some pics are better than others, but in general I find it to be pretty close. A lot will depend on the monitor you're using to view the pictures with, too! Here's a picture that I consider pretty realistic.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Some of the other pics from the meet didn't show enough orange in the saffron to be accurate. Matt's photo looks pretty good in this regard.

And surely Mike, once you accept KG, then I doubt there is much else that is as vibrant! All other yellows included.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts