The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a lotus and originally fell in love with the exige. this is still my favorite of the lotus models but I am starting to look at the elise also since it seems I might be able to buy one slightly cheaper. Im a 25 year old who 6'3 but in good shape and very flexible. Is the elise a better choice for a daily driver? I have a avalanch that I will also be keeping so the size is not a factor.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
for that factor look at them as basicallyu the same car. the elise can be had with base suspension that is softer and it has a better view out the back. The eige stock suspension is the same as the elise sport suspension.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I drove in both versions yesterday and I cannot say that the Elise really feels softer than the Exige. With your stature though I would think the Elise might be a little more comfy do to the rag top nature of the little beast.

JK

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Most hairdressers find the Elise more comfy... -poke-

EDIT: Welcome to LotusTalk! You will definitely find the answers to your Lotus questions here, but some of us can't resist sarcasm...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...the elise offers better visibility and easier access, although the exige can be converted to accept a softtop as well...i can't off the top of my head picture an exige boot layout, but i presume it's more-or-less the same as the elise...

...other than that, they're identical as far as daily driveability is concerned - either car should fit in the bed of your avalanche without problem... ;)

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
...the elise offers better visibility and easier access, although the exige can be converted to accept a softtop as well...i can't off the top of my head picture an exige boot layout, but i presume it's more-or-less the same as the elise...

...other than that, they're identical as far as daily driveability is concerned - either car should fit in the bed of your avalanche without problem... ;)
The size of the boot in terms of usable cubic feet in the two are probably the same, for all intents and purposes. The boot opening on the Exige, however, is smaller than that for the Elise.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Why does everyone call it a "boot"? It's a trunk! We don't live in England. ;)
...my entire automotive education consists of watching every episode of top gear...

·
Registered
236 Posts
...my entire automotive education consists of watching every episode of top gear...
You know you watch to much Top Gear when you call your hood your bonnet and you don't mind the odd looks you get. :nanner2:

I even find myself imitating their expressions from time to time.... "POWER!!!"

It's to bad no one else appreciates such fine tastes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Exige is comfy

I'm 6'5" and use my 2006 Exige as my daily driver. I was surprised that the fit is actually better than many other cars.

Comfort wise I would say the Exige and Elise are very close to indistinguishable.

·
Premium Member
11,995 Posts
hhmmmmmmmmmmmm contemplating comfort in elise/exige.....

sorta like switching deck chairs on the Titanic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts