The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Get some Doc Martens - can't wear em with a suit but they make some pretty nice dressy shoes that you can wear with khakis...and they are super comfortable with good support.

Now send that color chart! You got the email address....

·
Banned
7 Posts
hahaha! Great recommendation on the Børn shoes! I bought a pair to wear with my tux to my wedding last Saturday! They were great alternative footwear to go with my tux. My bride wore some black 5" platform boots under her dress. :)

Comfy and I get to wear the shoes even after the wedding! Win/Win!

·
Registered
442 Posts
atyclb said:
I'm telling you, Børn Shoes!

Børn
Another testimonial:

Picked up my first pair a couple a' months ago at the Newport Boat Show, and they've become my favorites.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Cole-Haan.

Now owned by Nike and many styles are available with the Nike Air sole. These are seriously comfortable shoes.

OR,

You might consider what the folks at Volvo did last year at the LA Auto Show. In honor of the release of the S60 R, they all wore matching blue high-top Sparco racing shoes with the R logo embroidered on the side. That was pretty cool...

BTW - there's a Cole-Haan store at South Coast Plaza, just in case you're flying into John Wayne Airport :)

Robert Puertas

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Dan said:
Rockports are featherweights just like the Elise.
I'll second Rockports. I went through four pair in a row in bliss. Then when I had a bit of a problem finding my style this last time I bought something else and I miss my Rockports. Nice and trim too.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Don't forget gel inserts!!!!!!!!!

Takes any shoe and makes them better. Takes good shoes and makes them completely awesome.

Doc Martins & Gel inserts and you're feel will not bother you at all.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dan said:
Rockports are featherweights just like the Elise.
I also like Rockports. One of the few brands I've tried that my heel doesn't slip out of when walking. Not quite enough arch support for me, but there are inserts to fix that problem.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
While I was in France, I found some nice comfortable dressy black leather shoes which are really driving shoes. The soles are thin flexible rubber which extend around the outer edge of the front of your foot, and up the heel. They're very light, flexible, and comfortable.

They're probably not quite what you're looking for, since they look a little bit odd and the lack of cushion in the sole isn't ideal for standing around all day.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Pilotis. Get one of the more conservative styles. You'll get kudos from those of us in the know....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts