The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier in the summer I got rear-ended. The new rear clam is on order. When it gets here, I will have a damaged rear clam to sell. The clam will come off at Achbach Auto Industries in Columbus, Ohio. If you want it fixed, they do great work - they repaired my front clam a few years ago when I hit a rabbit. If you are interested and don't mind waiting, respond or PM. Let's get all of the questions answered beforehand.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/another-one-gets-rear-ended-2006-elise-235873/

This shot is upside down taken from inside the boot:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Questions I have answers for:

Q: Does it have Starshield?
A:
Yes, and the Starshield looks undamaged.

Q:Where is the damage?
A:
The worst of it is at the cargo floor line of the boot. The floor created a shearing force. There is a crack running up to the inboard driver's side turn signal.

Q: How much do you want for it?
A:
My plan was to take the best offer, preference given to anyone who replied early in case of a tie.

Q: What about shipping?
A:
I was going to ask Dan to re-use the container from ORE that the new clam comes in. Buyer pays shipping or arranges pickup.

Q: When is this going to happen?
A:
I honestly don't know. I'm totally cool if you express interest now and decide otherwise when the new clam finally gets here.

Q: What would it cost to fix?
A:
I don't know, but when Dan gets it off he'd be able to give an estimate.

Q: Why so early?
A:
Clams are expensive and hard to find and probably hard to sell. I don't want to have to store it and I don't want a prospective buyer to say, I need time to get the money together. This way everyone knows there's one in the pipeline.

Q: Is it driveable as is?
A:
Yes. I've been using the car all summer. I am very careful not to drive in rain.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There seems to be a delay in getting the new clam. Body shop ordered from MAG (local dealer). But from what I've been told, new clams aren't into production yet. So it's going to be a while.

Regarding marker lights & panel bits - if they reuse them off the old clam, I won't have them to spare. We'll see.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Body shop says new clam arrived at Midwest Auto Group. My body shop won't be able to touch the car for a few weeks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car is slated to go in the second week of December.

Anybody want a clam?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Regarding tail lights: One of mine got cracked. If it's being replaced. the old one is up for grabs. (Driver's side, outboard)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have a week, people

I just got the car home. I asked Dan to hold the clam for 1 week while I try to get it to somebody who wants it. Shipping is not trivial.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
About that turn signal

I do have the inboard driver's side slightly cracked but working turn signal at home with me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts