The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently heard, while discussing supercharger options for my 07 Elise, that Lotus will have a bolt-on supercharger available soon that won't void the warranty. No details really, though there was a mention of mid-200's for hp.

Anyone else heard anything? I did a search and didn't see any threads about it here.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
and that little birdie was ...?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I do recall it being talked about as well, (here in the forums too) when Lotus announced the Elise SC and the other new models. In the video of the press release I believe they hinted at it.

I'm just guessing that Lotus wants to sell '08 models first and foremost, and then might look into offering a supercharger upgrade later on if the business model works in their favor.

·
Registered
506 Posts
A little birdie with 15 years experience as a Lotus tech told me that also when I had my Elise in for service one time....

·
Registered
836 Posts
I am deffinitelly getting one :coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I do recall it being talked about as well, (here in the forums too) when Lotus announced the Elise SC and the other new models. In the video of the press release I believe they hinted at it.

I'm just guessing that Lotus wants to sell '08 models first and foremost, and then might look into offering a supercharger upgrade later on if the business model works in their favor.
Because at that point there will be no warranty left. ;)

Might as well sell a supercharger for more than the competition.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I really doubt the mid-200's figure for HP. That would make purchasing an Exige a better deal than a new S240. Not a good business move.

Jerry

·
Registered
374 Posts
When I last had my Elise in for service I heard Lotus would have a kit out towards the end of this year and that it would essentially be the same as the setup on the 2008 supercharged Elise, so I guess it would mean no inter-cooler and the m45 supercharger.

Its not really what I am interested in so I didn't pay much attention beyond those basics.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I really doubt the mid-200's figure for HP. That would make purchasing an Exige a better deal than a new S240. Not a good business move.

Jerry

Probably will be low 200s. Any less and it just wouldn't make sense.

I wonder if this will be priced competitively...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i believe that rumor has been officially denied several times.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
And I believe it will come. There were official denials about the Exige coming too right?

Probably as mentioned towards the end of the year. Using the MP45/intake manifold. Power should be similar to the specs for the Elise SC, which is a bit lower than aftermarket. The big question will be price. At a lower price, this kit should do well, specially for those with a substantial warranty left. But if the kit is too spendy... then the market gets a lot smaller.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm highly suspicious of how much hp it'll give too, I heard ~240, I suspect ~215.

As for price, I'm pretty sure that it'll be relatively expensive, I would imagine that the cost of 08 elise + SCkit + installation + ecu reflash will be more than the cost of an 08 Elise SC.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've been waiting for this one for a long time. I am afraid I will be too old to drive by the time the official Lotus supercharger kit is available.

I know Lotus would rather existing owners trade in their normally aspirated Lotus cars for newer forced induction variants. The important thing Lotus needs to understand is that many of us would probably NOT trade in for newer forced induction cars, instead opting to keep our N/A Elise and Exige models, supercharge them with aftermarket options. When I put a lot of effort and work into customizing and improving the performance of the car, it becomes unique. I am more likely to keep this car longer than I will a stock all-original car.

·
Registered
518 Posts
And I believe it will come. There were official denials about the Exige coming too right?
Damn politics..... Start a rumour and it becomes the truth. No point denying :rolleyes: you never gonna be believed.

So I am gonna answer for Lotus here:
Yes there wil be a supercharger.
Yes the eagle has landed
Yes the Esprit will have BMW
Yes we will work with other sportcar manufacturers as Astin Martin and Spyker
Yes the 211 will be road legal

One denial: We have nothing to do with the boeing 747

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Any Lotus people - and I mean anybody from a dealership technician all the way up to the CEO - will please take note that I did not contribute any information to this thread whatsoever.

Thank-you,
xtn

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Further Discussion

Probably as mentioned towards the end of the year. Using the MP45/intake manifold. Power should be similar to the specs for the Elise SC, which is a bit lower than aftermarket. The big question will be price. At a lower price, this kit should do well, specially for those with a substantial warranty left. But if the kit is too spendy... then the market gets a lot smaller.
+ 1, Randy...

I've also heard this and believe it to be true... As sfelise eluded to, it won't be as capable or have the potential of the current MP60 solutions out there now, but will work for those wanting to stay 100% OEM...

The problem with HP mods is that they're addictive:evil: The MP45 will be closer to peak performance right out of the box, where the MP60 has some room left for more giddie-up, as seen by the many that are playing with their MP60 super charger kits now... Much more exciting than a Lotus SC kit would be a real tunable ECU solution (Obviously this wouldn't come from Lotus though:(). Ski is the limit then:nanner:

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 20 of 99 Posts