The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey New Yorkers (LOONYs), I'll be in the city from 9 June to 3 July working downtown. I'd love to meet up with some people to get some coffee or whatever. I'll be staying in a hotel in the financial district.

Is there a car event on the weekends around then? That would be a good way to spend some time.

thanks,

Trevor

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
maybe you can hop on a Metro North train from Grand Central one day/eve (about 55 min train ride) and meet us in Mt. Kisco for some karting at GPNY...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome to NYC!

I should be in the city in June, we can go for a ride in the weekend (as long as Holland is not playing on that day in the European Championships Soccer), maybe to GPNY or whatever. I'll if we can organise a ride with some Lotusses, we come together quite often for a ride.

And going for a drink is always a good plan!

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Hey! Yes! There are TONS of events for you to attend!

Unfortunately, most do not take place in the city due to space restrictions and difficulty getting into the city, but there are plenty.

Here is one that will actually take place IN the city on June 29th. A Toys-for-Tots sort of thing with a lot of awesome cars in attendance!

This is the Scarsdale Concorso taking place on June 15th. This is about a 50 minute train ride from the city, actually near my home. I could pick you up from the station and drive you back to the city in my Elise :)

There are plenty of events and in all likelihood, this group here on LotusTalk will make some events. We're pretty active

So come on out!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Well, welcome to NYC and good luck. Don't plan on driving around to fast, usually I average 8mph in mid/downtown. If you guys get together for anything, karting or nice drive BM / ED, let me know and I might join.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Well, welcome to NYC and good luck. Don't plan on driving around to fast, usually I average 8mph in mid/downtown. If you guys get together for anything, karting or nice drive BM / ED, let me know and I might join.
+1

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm around & NYC is a short drive, just keep me in the loop.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I live in Manhattan, but the lotus is in westchester where i grew up. I know some great roads up there if we want to get a drive together?

I was actually thinking of creating a separate post to try and get a meet and drive set up in the westchester area.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I live in NJ ~15min... nah... ~30min from the city in Lotus due to road condition.... :(
Please keep me in the loop if anything's happening.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I live in Manhattan, but the lotus is in westchester where i grew up. I know some great roads up there if we want to get a drive together?

I was actually thinking of creating a separate post to try and get a meet and drive set up in the westchester area.

That'd be a great idea. :)

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,943 Posts
Come over to 'Jersey for our L.E.O. gathering at the Touch of England car show in HoHoKus on Saturday June 14, meet the Locals! Details in the LEO Events Page
Lotus Enthusiast's Organization

It should be really close to rail service but I don't travel in that direction (or by Rail) so I can't help with details.

EDIT: It's always fun to be able to say "I was actually IN in Ho Ho Kus" :D :wave:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. I definately want to meet up for coffee and for some events in NY and NJ.

Sadly, I won't be bringing the Exige. Karting is a great idea.

Is anyone here in Finance? It would be cool to meet up sometime and talk about the economy and the markets. The reason I'll be in NYC is I'll be at one of the internships at an Investment Bank. I'll spend a good amount of time during the day in conversations with people that have considerably more experience in the markets than I do.

I am so pumped for the summer. Sad that I'll be unable to track the Exige for a little while, but I have been cramming in the miles lately, and will cram some more in after the internship is over.

Oh, and one last note, if anyone is sitting for the CFA exam on the 7th at Jarvits, I'll be there. I will need some coffee then I am sure.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My wife is in finance: she has the Dutch equivalent of a CFA title, she used to be a stock analyst and is now a stock broker.
I'm just a humble CPA (again Dutch equivalent of that), so not really finance as in investment banks.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,943 Posts
One of my Morgan-Owning friends is into that stuff as a living, and he might be at Touch of England. (Me, I get Math Anxiety just from phone numbers...) :eek:

If anybody wants to show, an entry form is here:

http://www.njtriumphs.org/TOE Flier 2008.pdf

Otherwise it's OK to just visit and take the Hermitage tour.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha, What's funny (or indicative of how obsessive I can get?) is that I thought you meant your friend was one of the owners of Morgan Stanley. Like he had a significant stake in the company. I get it now though.

lol

see you guys soon.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
One of my Morgan-Owning friends is into that stuff as a living, and he might be at Touch of England. (Me, I get Math Anxiety just from phone numbers...) :eek:

If anybody wants to show, an entry form is here:

http://www.njtriumphs.org/TOE Flier 2008.pdf

Otherwise it's OK to just visit and take the Hermitage tour.
Atwell, I might join, but not enter my car. The Elise is a little to new and exotic to hang out with the older and beautiful pieces of art work. And how come Aston M's don't seem to come to these shows. I think they are the most beautiful cars and would love to see more of them.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,943 Posts
Atwell, I might join, but not enter my car. The Elise is a little to new and exotic to hang out with the older and beautiful pieces of art work. And how come Aston M's don't seem to come to these shows. I think they are the most beautiful cars and would love to see more of them.
That's up to you, but I know the new Mini was a much-appreciated "hit" among the Brit-Car crowd when it came out, so why not bring the Lotus.

They had a couple A-M's the last time I was at this show, in 2004.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts