The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says it is coming up on my first year of ownership of my Elise. Only put about 2300 miles on her this last year. Anyway started yearly pms today. Changed tranny fluid with Sector 111s transElixer and since I had the pan dropped I changed the engine oil and filter. Only had about 1000 miles on the oil but since the pan was down I figured why not? Got brake fluid from BigBrakes and picked up an EZBleed from SirLotus thanks to the tip from Kokimo. Probably do that during the week. Also picked up some Ferodo street pads from Big Brakes so I can get rid of the full racing pad squeel on the street. So other than the air filter that I will get when I do the brake/clutch fluid flush, any other things I should do for an anual maintenanve? I appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I've had mine for a little less than a year and I've put about 11,000 miles on mine. I was thinking about taking a weekend to just go over everything and change fluids and whatnot.

What brake fluid did you use?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i used Castrol LMA - not too expensive, and really good stuff. Me too on the one year mark, 11000 miles added. Happy Anniversary guys!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
pull the plugs and check them unless you know how long ago the PO swapped them...the 91 octane out here wreaked havoc on mine. While you're at it you can add more dialectic grease to the coils since they need a TON to help prevent corrosion. Both are super easy to check, and if you swap plugs the NGKs are 24 bucks for 4 around here so it's simple cheap maintenance. Other than that the only other one that *may be useful is a coolant flush and checking all the bushings and nut/bolts in your suspension and steering for condition and tightness/spec

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The nice thing is that the PO changed all fluids before he sold it to me. I changed plugs when I got it to ensure it smogged. I picked up brake fluid from Big Brakes when I got the new street pads. It is "original Bremsflussigkeit liquide de frein brake fluid typ 200, DOT 4 fluid.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So all of my yearlies are done now! The new pads from Big Brakes are sooo much quieter also. The shifting is sweeter with transElixer and flushing the clutch and brake fluid was fairly easy with the EZbleed. Now it is time to burn up the rear tires!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts