The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I read this topic off another forum and found it interesting and entertaining.
Question:What are the comments-good or bad or just damn stupid you get about your car?
I havent had one yet due to the fact that I am a NEWB and car is still hiding from the weather.
I can offer one comment though on my last gem. It was a 928 GT.
While adding fuel a woman approached me and said" how can you drive at night with the lights pointing straight up?"
I almost pissed myself when she asked that.:D
Like to hear your stories.
Mike E.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi.
I read this topic off another forum and found it interesting and entertaining.
Question:What are the comments-good or bad or just damn stupid you get about your car?
I havent had one yet due to the fact that I am a NEWB and car is still hiding from the weather.
I can offer one comment though on my last gem. It was a 928 GT.
While adding fuel a woman approached me and said" how can you drive at night with the lights pointing straight up?"
I almost pissed myself when she asked that.:D
Like to hear your stories.
Mike E.
Hello from a fellow Albertan now in beautiful snow free South Texas!!

And I'd say one of my favorite comments I hear mostly at car shows and from the older folk... "I could get in but there's no way I'll be able to get myself out." rotfl

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol.
Hi.
Why the move?
M.E

·
Registered
861 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, I pulled into a 7-11 and a guy struck up a conversation about my Esprit. After about 10 minutes, he asked "so, what's Ferrari charge for an oil change?"

also, several women in their 40s have made the "it handles like it's on rails" comment....which was a line from Pretty Woman.

·
Roberto Giannini
87 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, I pulled into a 7-11 and a guy struck up a conversation about my Esprit. After about 10 minutes, he asked "so, what's Ferrari charge for an oil change?"

also, several women in their 40s have made the "it handles like it's on rails" comment....which was a line from Pretty Woman.
Had that line pulled on me in Billings Montana when I drove the car home, unfortunately she did not look like a Pretty woman :facepalm

·
Registered
416 Posts
Another one when I was first driving it home to Texas from Florida I was somewhere in Mississippi at a red light and I looked out the window as the driver beside me looked out his, I seen him say with wife and two kids in the back seat... "Holy S$&it a LOTUS!"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to physio therapy and talking to a fantastic guy about cars he asked me what cars I have.
I told him the mundane then threw in the Lotus Esprit.
He asked me what Porsche is that!?
Funny.
No meaning for any disrespect towards him.
An awesome human being.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Story from this past weekend.

Wife and I go to the boat just about every weekend and stay there from Friday to Sunday. This past weekend was the Long Beach Grand Prix and right outside the entrance to the marina. When this is going on we have to funnel through behind event to get out. As wife and I were exiting, an older gentelman who was working the races approaches and says "S4 Nice job!" and watches us drive away. Then at a light next to a black Gallardo, a couple of guys look over and gives the thumbs up.

Still never gets old. :D

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
"Dude, driving a car like that you could get laid if you had three noses growing out of your forehead!"

Well, truth is that is what I said.. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I stopped by a local convenience store that's fairly popular. Left the wife in the car. As I come out of the store, dude says, "Holy S*&^!!! Dude, that's a LOTUS! Is that YOUR CAR?!". I said yeah. He says WOW, NICE CAR MAN!. I say many thanks. I get in and wife says, it was so funny, that guy came up to the car and was cussing, excited about seeing a Lotus out in the wild. He then came up and said, THERE'S SOMEBODY IN THERE. That didn't exactly make me feel good as perhaps he was considering stealing it. I'm probably the only Esprit in all of North Alabama and where I live is definitely considered country so, it's crazy how often I'm stopped.

Basically same stuff as what's said before - it never gets old.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts