The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to buy a battery local here, the one I have seems to die every time I wash my car and so far I can't find the culprit. So one I need a back up and too I need one that is a bit stronger. For me die hard gold batteries always took a good hit but I don't think lotus will be in the battery list. I'm guessing I wont find a Optima yellow top anywhere around but autozone carries them online.

Does anyone here have a battery you could find at an auto part chain? Will any 26R work?.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That link does sound good, though I gathering it won't fit in the black box and I need a battery bracket?

·
Wow Such Admin
6,983 Posts
That link does sound good, though I gathering it won't fit in the black box and I need a battery bracket?
I think so yes.

On my previous Elise, the previous owner put in just a regular oreillys battery, I have no idea what model battery it was though. I bet if you took the one you have in the car up there they could pretty easily match it if you don't want to worry about getting different mounting hardware.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see now, the slot at the bottom is missing for the bracket. Well if it fits in the box I can drive it for a bit and take the turns easy. Though $100 for a bracket? LOL I love these cars!!!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I see now, the slot at the bottom is missing for the bracket. Well if it fits in the box I can drive it for a bit and take the turns easy. Though $100 for a bracket? LOL I love these cars!!!
Don't take the chance! You can have a bracket made at a fab shop for a lot less.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've used a relabled AdvanceAuto Deka battery for a year. I chose that because it had a 1 year waranty that is a swap out at national stores. Plus it'd be a simple replacement if I had to buy one at Walmart or Lowes while on a roadtrip. It's been reliable. I do often trickle charge it, but leaving it unlocked in the garage for a week it has always started right up.

For the sake of your clam, get a bracket. There was a recent post about clam damage from a battery, it's not uncommon. You can wait a week for a used one to pop up in the classifieds, you could reverse engineer one, sure, or you could pay an extra $20 to buy one from one of the companies that makes cool stuff for our cars. This community would be very different without their products. While the brackets are not rocket science, they do a very important job. Securing the battery without shorting the terminals, all in a space that is hard to access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts