The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case any of you were wondering, here are some comparison pics with Liz and zippy (my, er, NOW my wife's Spyder).

This one showing the backs pretty much lined up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
and more difference thing...the elise doesn't drive like a buick!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The houses are nice. But livin on a golf course bites. Never again. I don't golf, and I nearly run one of those f*ck*rs over every day in their stupid little carts crossing the streets. And they wear those sweater vests; don't they own mirrors?

They don't seem to like my V V, either :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! I didn't know that they made convertable SUV's!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNN!!!

:p

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should have pulled the Jeep out, too. It makes the Spyder look small.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ours was 500K++ two years ago for 4900 sq ft finished, plus another 400-600 unfinished (I forget). Our house is average for the neighborhood, and it's on 3/4 acre I think.

The house seems to have appreciated a bunch in two years, too. I hope so-I want to sell it and get the hell out of PA when the time is right. It's just not for me.:wallbang:

·
Banned
270 Posts
JN in Honolulu still has no idea as to where my Elise is. They are "working on the problem". I'm also a building contractor on Maui, average price for a 2200 sf home on a 6000 sf lot here in South Maui is around $575,000.00. Price of paradise.

Aloha
Thomas Praetzel
Anyone seen my car? B on B, touring, LSS,HT, and, apparently, invisible.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Average price for an older 1800 sq ft house in my area is around $750k. Nuts.

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
i'm actually looking to buy a new house further out on long island (probably buy it in the next month).
tomorrow i am seeing a house for 2300 sq feet for $589K 4 yr old colonial.
i thought that seemed crazy.
i should move to PA and buy your house!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
The house I grew up in was around 3000 sq. ft. with a finished basement. It sits on around an acre right on a golf course (I used to go out and putt in the evening when i was a little kid). It's a pretty nice house. I'll bet you could have it for $175,000...
The house I own now is a duplex. Around 2100 sq. ft. total on a little up and through lot in the city. I paid $55,000...
This is all bad news for me as I'm job hunting right now and my wife wants a 'really nice house' when we move.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
yes california is crazy. Just another way to rip people off. If I could move out of this state, i would do it in a flash. Expensive gas, traffic tickets, emissions crap, taxes, ridiculous rules, and regulations, etc, etc, etc. I've lived here for a long time and know too many people to give it up. The weather is definitely not worth all the bullsh*t.

a 4900 sq ft home at 500k would not exist in california in modern times. You'd have to check real estate records from about 100 years back.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Average price for an older 1800 sq ft house in my area is around $750k. Nuts.
Wow. In my part of Houston, a house like that would go for 160k to 200k depending on lot size, upgrades, etc. If that house was close to downtown, it would be in the 300k to 350k range.

·
Banned
270 Posts
If my mystery Elise ever shows up, I may sell my properties in Hawaii, yank the passenger seat out of the Elise, get some camping gear, and head cross country in the first Elise Camper. Could happen, need the car first, if they ever find it.

Aloha,
Thomas Praetzel
They have my car, just don't know where it is.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts