The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I'm currently trying to make an Evora S happen, but in the meantime I thought I'd pose a question that's been lurking in my mind since I started reading through this (very informative) forum.
When I see the car evaluated against rivals on here, I see generally Cayman R/911/Audi TTRS.
Why isn't the SLK55 (my other car) in the list? It would seem to be a direct competitor to me, and here in Australia only costs around 10% more.

I know that it's a different kind of fast (straight line rather than in the bendies), but it's not HOPELESS on a track, is in the right price bracket, and I would have thought would be a regular cross-shop.
Just wondering!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I know people moving from Lotus to SLK, but it is very very differtly fast... It is not a direct competitor in my view, but sound is awesome!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here where I live, SLKs are for desperate housewives or for elder people ;)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Image may be different down under, but here you really have to justify yourself if you are under 65 or unless you are a very desperate housewive and drive an SLK.

Which is not to say you won't see a lot of them, we Germans are becoming an old society and there are a lot of rich, but bored housewves.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I owned an SLK230 and upgraded in 09 to SL55. Between my 05 Elise and the SLK, the SLK is a bit of a toy, IMO.

The SLK novelty wears off quickly, where the Elise never attempts to impress so it never overstates its total performance (aesthetic or mechanical). If you want hands free calling, latte holders, cruise control and your Kindle nearby, the SLK is a fine entry level coupe.

In addition, with the two rear cats removed on the SL55, the car sounds like a Harley Jet Turbine.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts