The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has fitted a complete 2bular exhaust system on their OEM Elise SC? Any comments greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went from the oem system with a REV 400 SC kit to a 2Bular SC header and de-cat. Huge difference, fit well, great quality.

Big HP and Torque increase.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had the oem system with the vf2, sounded good but once I installed 2bular headers and decat with the stage 3 lotus exhaust. it sounds like a f1! :) love the sound.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has fitted a complete 2bular exhaust system on their OEM Elise SC? Any comments greatly appreciated.
I installed a full 2bular system 2+ years ago, about 30K miles since. System included; 4-1 header (flex section collector and additional O2 bung), 200-cell high-flow metal cat and 8x22 track muffler). Fit and finish are excellent, the exhaust note about perfect (for me anyway) and high quality.

A few things:
1- P4042 errors will likely occur, due to the different efficiency of the new cat. They might go away after the ECU fine tunes itself. At one point, mine did go away, but came back after a different problem with fuel starve and ECU reset. And the MIL has stayed on since... sniff.

2- When I received my system, shipping was a bit rough and one of the metal hanger rods on the track muffler was sticking out the end of the box. Well, the stress of impact that shoved it out the box probably resulted in a recent failure of the mounting rod, it snapped perfectly clean at the muffler end. I had it fixed at a local shop and they added some additional support as well.

3- Would also recommend installing the 260 CUP airbox/filter. This also helps get more air into the motor and looses a couple extra pounds.

Bottom line assessment is simple, great system! A noticeable performance improvement once the ECU tweaks itself and a solid 25 pounds of weight loss over the stock system. Highly recommended. I do think a custom tune would extract some additional power however (good luck with custom tuning on the SC) as I've noticed some mapping and other oddities on the stock ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts