The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would be interested in a unit that would give full control over almost every feature you would need to use in order to tune an elise and it would cost under $700 ?

This is not a piggy back and you will not have to worry about getting your inspection every year with it.

This is a serious thread, please tell me if you'd be interested, not just saying "yeah i'd prob get something like that" but never really having any intentions of it.

This unit will be able to load multiple maps on your own on the fly.

It is capable of tuning for any type of setup.

It will retain all your normal stock features, gauges, emissions etc.

Anyone will be able to purchase and let anyone tune it who they choose.

You will be able to replace anything you are using with your current supercharged, turbo'd or NA setup.

If you have any questions i'd love to hear them but further more i'd love to see what kind of serious interest there is.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
A Holley carburetor for the Lotus? Cool! ;)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
All

over

it

!

·
Registered
740 Posts
As the saying is:
this is kicking in an open door!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Sounds too good to be true..

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
I'm open... I don't even have to worry about losing the dash now... I prefer plug and play. I'll even be your test mule:)

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This isnt something that is new to the market, just for this car, and its not something there will be trouble with that will need to be tested or proven, if/when they are done it will be something you can get and forget about it breaking or not working.

As far as beta tester's, i have gotten a few PM's now already but i dont need anything but maybe some different year ecu's to use.

Right now im trying to see what kind of interest there is because it is something that needs to be produced by the hundreds so i dont want to commit to something if its not worth it...i already know that its worth it and there would be no doubt they will sell, im just trying to get some views and see how many people actually respond to it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you are talking about hardware/software that will allow me to reflash the very poor stock tune then I would GLADLY pay that. As long as I have access to true tuning capabilities. Not just fuel and timing. Particularly the acceleration enrichments so I can fix the stupid cold air stall problem.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You have my attention.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Are you talking about a user flashable stock ECU, or Power FC like companion?
+1.... Nothing wrong with the PFC if it is, just curious...

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I probably would. Once I get everything setup I really don't see myself changing much. Maybe 1-2 extra tunes for race gas, but that's about the extent.

At that price point though it's less than most reflashed ecus.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
....where would the tunes (and all the tuning) come from?? are you talking just hardware?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Why do you need our input really?

I'm certainly no expert on tuning solutions, but at the price point you mention, isn't it basically a no-brainer if it delivers on the capabilities you are implying? Especially if it comes with well-sorted tuning software and broad abilities to tune things like load-based cam switch, broad-band O2, FI, Meth injection, known good starting tunes, data logging, etc...

I suspect that you will get a lot of interested folks, but until you provide a lot more detail about the solution, I don't see how you could translate the level of interest into projected sales. And I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but trying sell hundreds of anything to the Lotus after-market is quite agressive to me (although, if true, this one probably has as much potential as anything).

So, you have my attention! :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts