The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Left door back on. Started mounting diffuser. Will need to make some brackets for exhaust and diffuser to get everything lining up the way I like. Seems I won’t use BOE delete panel so that will be up for sale soon.

Attachments

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Both doors completed. But window tint company did tint wrong. They went by old tint that I think someone had already pulled some off. Purchased BOE Rev300 tune. Will be upgrading injectors, fuel pump and supercharger pulley tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Still waiting on painter as beautiful summer days go past. Tapping my foot.... I did get a few pieces back from interior guy. Left door card and sill cover were damaged in crash so decided to redesign them. Door card in alcantara and original leather center and sill covers wrapped in leather. Came out nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Nice! Did you sew the leather covers yourself?

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Finished up a few things today while still waiting on painter. Relocated charcoal canister, secured fuel filler neck, and shortened cable on clam hinge. Biggest project today was a center brace for diffuser that will hold license plate as well. Made out of aluminum . Trying to leave to rear as open As possible to show off exhaust. Came out pretty good just need to paint black and drill holes for plate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
@Partsfinder - You appear to be missing a bolt on the passenger side motor mount. There should be a bolt going through the bracket on of the top of the motor mount to the rear roll bar support. Also, your license bracket might interfere with setting the height of the rear clam. You also need some spacers for the left and right mounting points for the rear clam. These should be located where the bolts go through the rear clam boot to the rear tail section.

Out of curiosity, did you check clearance for where you mounted the charcoal canister? Typically, this gets relocated to above and slightly in front of the left rear tire by using the mounting tab located on the right rear roll bar hoop. I take it you relocated it because you put the battery where it use to be?

Later,
Eldon

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
@Partsfinder - You appear to be missing a bolt on the passenger side motor mount. There should be a bolt going through the bracket on of the top of the motor mount to the rear roll bar support. Also, your license bracket might interfere with setting the height of the rear clam. You also need some spacers for the left and right mounting points for the rear clam. These should be located where the bolts go through the rear clam boot to the rear tail section.

Out of curiosity, did you check clearance for where you mounted the charcoal canister? Typically, this gets relocated to above and slightly in front of the left rear tire by using the mounting tab located on the right rear roll bar hoop. I take it you relocated it because you put the battery where it use to be?

Later,
Eldon
Thanks for the input. Rear clam is on a hinge kit and deleted rear panel. Hence the need for my bracket. Seems to be allowing clam to close completely. Honestly just finished bracket before posting. Will look for indents to heat padding tomorrow. As for canister, yes put battery where it goes and wanted to leave room for future air ducks to intercooler. Tight fit where I put it but not interfering with clam or engine.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Thanks for the input. Rear clam is on a hinge kit and deleted rear panel. Hence the need for my bracket. Seems to be allowing clam to close completely. Honestly just finished bracket before posting. Will look for indents to heat padding tomorrow. As for canister, yes put battery where it goes and wanted to leave room for future air ducks to intercooler. Tight fit where I put it but not interfering with clam or engine.
Yes, I have the same hinge kit from BOE. My concern is that the clam bolts on the outer edges and you are going to have a high point in the center. You will need spacers on the outer edges that are slightly higher than the center. There are several panel delete options on the market that give the car a more elegant solution. You are going to want to support the rear diffuser more than just in the middle.

Take care,
Eldon

101 - 115 of 115 Posts