The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still on the hunt for a turbo.
Suppose I would like to find a tracked car etc, which is returning to stock or crashed etc. And the turbo kit is being parted out.
So seems I desire the complete works, hoses, ems, manifold (headers) and a turbo.
I have seen prices from $2k-$5k. They all seem to be about the same price, for what is offered. A only turbo and manifold, about $1,500. Complete $5,000. which seems very high. Though I really dont know.
Any thoughts as to price, and what should be included in whatever price.
Seems new AEM, exhaust manifold, hoses and wires, injectors, and turbo are about $6,500
So a good used system would be about $3-$4k
am I way off?
any recommendations

please p.m. me if you have offerings
warm regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
I met with a local lotus race team, Regogo Racing, as I am looking to buy an Evora, and they told me NOT to turbo a Lotus, and that supercharges are way more effective overall. That being said, I've seen a single turbo lotus on the market as of the past two weeks. I've seen turbo kits advertised for 8-9k for the parts only, and SGs for around 12k. Ultimately its up to you, but if you're planning on racing the car I would say to scratch the turbo and find a Exige or Evora S.

The race team I spoke to stated that turbos affect the cornering ability of the car in the sense that if you're trying to accelerate out of a turn, and the lag is significant enough it could spin you out. I'm not a driver, but just passing the information on.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, wirewheel good value. Needs ECM so about $2,500 for the AEM. Probably the best ECM as far as I can tell. comments about engine management in the turbo department please
Thanks
probably true about racing with (big) turbos, not racing here. passing rvs and logging trucks up hills. and I desire a small turbo if anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts