The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - I'm debating between the Composite Worx SP-1 and the Corbeau LE-Pro, LE-PRO - Kevlar / GRP

Corbeau lists the seat dimensions on the link attached, but Composite Worx does not....does anyone have the SP-1 dimensions - or can compare their SP-1 seat dimensions to the Corbeau?

I have no place nearby to try these out. I'm 6'-0", 195lbs, 36" waist and plan to run only a few track days. I don't want to go too much tighter than the stock seat.

Thanks for the help!

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Getting these exact dimensions frustrated me too. I finally just bought a set!

So here's what I was asking for:

The upper width at the seat bottom (Just above the lower side screws) is almost exactly 15". The back tapers a little more narrow as you measure upward toward the middle, then it widens out for the driver's shoulders. About 6" upward from the lower screws the lumbar area is about 14.5 inches wide, and then about 6" above that its narrowest point is about 14.25" before it widens and flattens out for the driver's shoulders. The bottom of the seat pan has those molded structural shoulders that are 13" wide but that doesn't seem to affect comfort for me.

BTW, I'm 6'2" with a 36' waist. I'd say the seats are tight, but not uncomfortable. I do have some custom covered high density foam pads that I sometimes drop in the seat bottoms when I go on long drives. It softens the bottom and lifts my hips, but for shorter drives it's just not an issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK - Thanks GR82DRV for info - that helps. BTW - Love your handle / lic. plate number (I assume).

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Yep, that's my plate. Let me know if you want me to measure or test anything else. Happy to help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way - How long did it take you to receive the seats after ordering? I tried to email them using the contact form on their website, but no response - although as I don't speak Italian, not sure I clicked the right button, lol. I also checked their Facebook page and it doesn't appear they posted anything since last fall...are they still there, I wonder?

It's a tough decision - the Corbeau LE-Pro definitely looks like it's got more padding and a little more width, but can't beat the look of the SP-1. Price is close between the two also...just wish there wasn't the steep shipping cost on top - what did they charge you freight, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I was all in for about $1800. It took about 7 weeks IIRC. I think they said something recently about postponing production seat production while they worked on another project... Michelle (a guy) was nice to work with but not always punctual about communication. Don't place an order until you can confirm they are ready to produce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.