The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to delete software? I downloaded printer software and figured out that i dont need it so id like to get it off the computer. I deleted the icon things off the desktop but Im sure theres more to it than that. Its a laptop so there isnt tons of room to spare. thanks

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
What OS are you running?

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
OS is operating system. HP uses windows. Go Start -> Control Panel, then double-click "Add or Remove Programs"

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
If your running Windows XP Operating System ... OS -> Operating System ... open the Control Panel then start "Add/Remove Programs".

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
In case anyone hasn't mentioned it.. Go to Start > Control Panel. Select "Programs and Features". Select on the application you wish to remove and click "Remove" ;)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Best way to delete software:

Step 1: Toss PC into garbage (or recycle if you're an ARPC)
Step 2: By a Mac, FTW!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Best way to delete software:

Step 1: Toss PC into garbage (or recycle if you're an ARPC)
Step 2: By a Mac, FTW!
For me, the best way is to get a boot-leg, stripped-down, super fast version of XP, and reformat the hard drive every six months or so and reinstall. Like having a new computer again.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If you're a Linux guy, try this:

$> rm -rf /*

OK, don't.
Actually, it doesn't do all that much damage because it barfs when it tries to remove itself "/bin/rm". Also with the "$>" prompt, your obviously not root so it won't really do anything.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Come on guys - PCs are not THAT frustrating rotfl
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ScA7PhDJPJE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ScA7PhDJPJE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts