The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
That Bentley monstrosity looks like ridiculous. Definite thumbs down. The average Bentley weighs around 5500lbs. That beast looks like it has another 1000lbs added. I can see all of the rapper-retards getting all stoked for this. Gold rims and all.
Lambo wanting to put out an SUV? That would be hard to get used to. Although they had their LM002 back in the late 80's. But that was something of its own and never looked like a jacked up Countach with 4 doors.
It's bad enough looking at Porsche's addition to the SUV world and their Cayenne and Panarama. Geez. They don't want to change the car's image and design much. That Panarama just looks like the same design they've had for like the last 30 years, just stretched out with 4 doors. They can't even get creative with that.
Then even Ferrari getting into it with their rival to the Cayenne, the F151. Unbelievable.
MINI with their Countryman, which isn't so 'MINI'. Just a jacked up Cooper. And has the same power as the other models, which is getting a little monotonous in itself. Time to bump the power in the Cooper 'S' and JCW kit to more than 208hp, boys. It's been 10 years now. You'd think BMW could afford to do so.
I cannot get on board with either. What's next? Surprised Bahar hasn't hopped aboard that band wagon and came up with a competing SUV in the new Lotus line up.
IMO, Luxury/sports car manufacturers should stick to cars. If a family cannot afford to have a Hummer and a Lamboghini, Lambo shouldn't be trying to cater to them by offering a 4x4, 4 door version of one of their models just so those families don't have to choose.
Soapbox off.
Blah!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That Bentley monstrosity looks like ridiculous. Definite thumbs down. The average Bentley weighs around 5500lbs. That beast looks like it has another 1000lbs added. I can see all of the rapper-retards getting all stoked for this. Gold rims and all.
Lambo wanting to put out an SUV? That would be hard to get used to. Although they had their LM002 back in the late 80's. But that was something of its own and never looked like a jacked up Countach with 4 doors.
It's bad enough looking at Porsche's addition to the SUV world and their Cayenne and Panarama. Geez. They don't want to change the car's image and design much. That Panarama just looks like the same design they've had for like the last 30 years, just stretched out with 4 doors. They can't even get creative with that.
Then even Ferrari getting into it with their rival to the Cayenne, the F151. Unbelievable.
MINI with their Countryman, which isn't so 'MINI'. Just a jacked up Cooper. And has the same power as the other models, which is getting a little monotonous in itself. Time to bump the power in the Cooper 'S' and JCW kit to more than 208hp, boys. It's been 10 years now. You'd think BMW could afford to do so.
I cannot get on board with either. What's next? Surprised Bahar hasn't hopped aboard that band wagon and came up with a competing SUV in the new Lotus line up.
IMO, Luxury/sports car manufacturers should stick to cars. If a family cannot afford to have a Hummer and a Lamboghini, Lambo shouldn't be trying to cater to them by offering a 4x4, 4 door version of one of their models just so those families don't have to choose.
Soapbox off.
Blah!
I totally agree. Many of my favorite car companies are just inducing vomiting lately with all their tecchy crap and trying to become a small version of General Motors. Next up, Lambo does a hybrid. Porsche does their first pickup truck. Ferrari does a station wagon. Cant even get a Ferrari with a real gearbox any longer and its hard to get a Lambo with one. Thats Ok, the computer can handle it for you.

Yeah, yeah - "but Porsche is profitable and the trucks pay for the cars". Right. Porsche has been around since 1948 and seemed to able to make money during most of that time frame. Whats the deal? Not content with the 911 cars and a few derivatives? Why not? Cant they just be small companies and stick to what we love about them?

Ill just crawl back into my 70's and 80's time capsule and live there. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts