The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've done the research, and think I've narrowed down the right order for my needs, but I'd love a "yup" from the experts!

2006 Elise, non-sport pack, ~36k miles. Rear tires are AD07LTs right now, with 3/32" tread. Pads are, I believe, the originals, with 4mm left.

I have a HPDE coming up, and obviously it's lotus drivin' season (well, it might snow tomorrow, but hey, it's minnesota). I could *probably* make it through the HPDE with the current gear, but obviously rear tires and brakes are near the functional end of their life. Front tires are AD07s but are near-brand new - <5k miles, tons of tread.

My driving is almost entirely low key cruising, occasionally spirited but never aggressive. Even on the track, I'm never going past 7/10ths or so.

I'm planning to buy a set of AD08s for the rear tires, keep the AD07s in the front. I think for my driving style, the 08s are fine, and the extra $400 to go to the 07LTS just isn't worth it.

I'm also planning to swap the pads for Ferodo DS2500s all around. It seems like that's the right type of pad for the driving I do. Rotors seem to be in fine shape.

I'll have the brake fluid flushed at the same time, as I have no idea when that was last done.

Any thoughts? Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

Thanks!

(Edit: title should read tires+pads. Sorry.)

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Those front tires are old and hard. If its the first time ever on track , you're fine but they are past their prime! Bleed brakes before every track event! Pads are fine for a learner event. I run Hawk DTC30's street and track. Great initial bite. A little noisy onstreet but will stop you FAST!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts