The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard back from Andy Graham today. Turns out that my Exige Club Racer was THE club racer featured at the 2008 LA Auto Show in the Lotus display! How cool is that? :coolnana:

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Very cool for a very cool car. You should post some more pix of it like you did when you got it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a pic of it at the auto show that I found online.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is at an exotic car cruise last month.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
very cool!

just curious didn't all 08 Exige's have the mow hawk roof?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, only the 240's did. Club Racers had the 2007 style roof.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
I've heard that F1 cars create such downforce that at speed they could theoretically run upside down on a ceiling. Didn't realize the Exige had that kind of downforce!

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
very cool!

just curious didn't all 08 Exige's have the mow hawk roof?
Lotus sales brochures for 08 show the S240 and an S220, the latter in 08 was to be non-intercooled, according to pix in the brochure I have.

As it turns out, the 08 S220's w/out intercoolers were never sold in the U.S.

But the S220 from 07, with intercooler, was sold in 08 with the Club Racer livery.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
correct, the club racer is built up of '07 parts, but sold as '08 . in classic lotus confounded fashion.... it is my favorite of all s2 exige too :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I uploaded that picture from my phone. Not entirely sure why it posted upside down.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, got it flipped around...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
It was cooler the other way!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Glad to see you got your Evora S! I must say, it does look great. I'm diggin' the silver stripe.
Thanks. It's got a very thin British Green outline between the silver and the yellow. If you think the car garners compliments, you should hear all the positive feedback on the stripe in particular.

So what exactly does Lotus call that baby blue color again?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. It's got a very thin British Green outline between the silver and the yellow. If you think the car garners compliments, you should hear all the positive feedback on the stripe in particular.

So what exactly does. Lotus call that baby blue color again?
I bet!

Lotus calls it "Le Mans Blue". Paint code B124 if I recall.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I bet!

Lotus calls it "Le Mans Blue". Paint code B124 if I recall.
I think they should rename it F%!€ing Awesome Blue! They had an Evora in that color with orange stripes (Gulf colors) at Hethel a month ago. HOT!!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think they should rename it F%!€ing Awesome Blue! They had an Evora in that color with orange stripes (Gulf colors) at Hethel a month ago. HOT!!!!
Heck yes!!! Love that color

·
Registered
192 Posts
If only the Club Racer got the s240 tune. Giving it 220hp when it has all the 240 hardware including the black face gauges is really annoying.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts