The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a fabulous event this Wed,Thursday put on by Lotus of Durham at VIR. Spencer and his crew did a fine job. The weather cooperated with 70 degrees and sunny both days. March in Virginia can more often be rainy and cool than sunny and warm. The food provided was very,very good. The mechanical support crew was ready in waiting but fortunately needed very little. The classroom instruction was first class put on by Pro Driver,instructor Chuck Akers. All around terrific.Most notably of all is that I logged five hours of on track time in two days. Scary part is I was eligable to go out more but just couldnt get my body or my car ready in time all the time that was available. Spencer please keep my name on any list you have for future events. Lastly.... Folks buy your cars and parts from the people who support your hobby. They lost money no doubt on this event but unlike a few other partners initially planning to put on this event but backed out for unknown reasons Lotus Of Durham stuck to their committment to the people that signed up and held the event EVEN THOUGH THEY KNEW THAT IT WAS GOING TO COST THEM MONEY. When people stand up and do the right thing that says something about the core leadership in a business. Take your business to those that show these qualities. Maybe then business will follow the example. Until the next event. Jon in Delaware

·
Registered
723 Posts
I second Jon's words -- thanks Lotus of Durham.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Agreed. This was my first track event ever, and LOD did a great job all around.

Thanks guys,
Adam

PS - Will someone please post some links to pictures soon!?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thanks guys! I enjoyed Wednesday a lot!

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
A true bit of Heaven. Wonderful facility, beautiful rolling Virginia hills, great weather. Met some nice people, and put an unbelievable number of track miles under my belt. Thanks Spencer and LOD for making this happen. See you again in the Fall?

·
Registered
223 Posts
God, I love VIR....

70 degree weather..... DAMN IT, I knew I should have gone!!! :wallbang:

Are there any summer sessions in the works &/or another collaboration with HRM (like last year).

If so, I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Are there any summer sessions in the works &/or another collaboration with HRM (like last year).
http://www.huntingridgemotors.com/track.php
Watkins Glen April 28-29 is tempting.

I wasn't going to sh*t on Lotus of Durham's efforts to put this together but VIR in March is a risky proposition. The last time I was down that way in March it snowed. Glad for you guys though that you had glorious weather in the 70's for both days - my car was in the shop anyway so I was a no-go for me even if I knew it was going to be nice.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The north course is absolutely designed for this car and for me is the best one at VIR.

Hate to have missed the date but I'm buried with work.

Good to hear you had a great time Jon.

Ken

·
Registered
169 Posts
Another HUGE thanks to Spencer and Lotus of Durham for what really was an incredible event. I was there on the first day (Wednesday) and there were some 7 or 8 cars in my run group. My 90 minute video tape ran out before lunch. In 80% of the footage, there is no other car in sight. It was as close to a private track as you can get!! And I agree that North course is actually better than full course, especially in a Lotus!

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G3eRbxtQ98

·
Registered
667 Posts
The track, instruction, food, and people were all excellent. This was my first time on a track as well, and I loved it.

Thanks, Lotus of Durham! (they also did a pretty good job of selling me my car ;))

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
And I agree that North course is actually better than full course, especially in a Lotus!
Never drove VIR in the Lotus, but I find it hard to pass up the high-speed esses and my favorite turn - South Bend. Nothing makes me scream with joy more than a 100mph blind off-camber turn... :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I want to say a big thank you to all who participated with us during this event. Yes it was a lot of work but as you can tell it was well worth it. I enjoyed running in Novice class, but next time I will have to go intermediate. Thank you also to CDOC, Mahoney and company, and 3 G Motorsports and the Porsche Cup Cars that participated on Day 2 and to Lotus Cars US for the food. There will be more advanced notice with the next event and instruction and food provided again. I had a blast and look forward to the next one. Thank you for coming and thank you for those who helped me put the word out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts