The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great event this last weekend. This is the event where two years ago, my Elise went on to place 1st and 2nd in the open Super Challenge competition, something I have very fond memories of.

Well, my car is still winning. Car owner Jason Uyeda went on to win ASP class, just ahead of Sean Goodbody in the silver Exige S. Also running was Jay Zelazo out of Canada, but he was busy trying to sort the car out and I am sure that hurt his times.

Here you see Jason in my old car, now painted Porsche green. The bright green is Jay's car. The big round orange thing is a waste of taxpayer's money.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the racing tire class, the overall winner was the BWR Beast driven by Fred Zust. That car is certainly dialed in now and won the San Diego National Tour in XP class last weekend too.

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Randy: Is that still your Uberclam ?? and what splitter is that ?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the Superstock class, Ryan Johnson out of Utah placed 5th just behind Gary Thomason in a Viper. Class winners were the Porsche GT3 and then a Corvette, followed by the Viper.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy: Is that still your Uberclam ?? and what splitter is that ?

Sadly for me, he removed the Uberclam and put on an Exige front clam. I forget where he got the splitter.

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
Randy, thanks for sponsoring the chasecam challenge again! It was a fun weekend and the car definitely feels better. A few new parts in development on the Blackwatch car that are proving themselves quite well.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Here you see Jason in my old car, now painted Porsche green...
Repainted so as to conspicuously match the staging grid cones! rotfl
How clever / ingenious! ;)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
What size rear wheel/tire is on that KG Exige? Looks mean, I bet the fenders are worked on to clear?

·
Registered
26 Posts
What size rear wheel/tire is on that KG Exige? Looks mean, I bet the fenders are worked on to clear?
Looked like he was running the new 255/18 Hoosier. Not sure on the wheel size, but probably 18x10 or 10.5.

Props to Jason and Fred, both were flying this weekend. :clap:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are custom fender flares and he still had some rubbing issues.

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
Looked like he was running the new 255/18 Hoosier. Not sure on the wheel size, but probably 18x10 or 10.5.

Thanks! The car was really working and I was able to get the nut behind the wheel tightened up.

The KG car he was using the 255/18, not sure of the wheels size.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Thanks as well!

I'm not sure what Jays' wheels size is, but he's definitely on the 255/18 in the rear, altho I didn't realize his fenders were flared, I guess most don't realize that all my fenders are flared either :)

My front splitter is stock.

_Jason_

·
Vendor
3,334 Posts
Here is my right side 38.7sec run. Everyone I talked to liked the right better.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo2suXgJZqU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo2suXgJZqU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Those are custom fender flares and he still had some rubbing issues.
I like those flares the best. That's the route I'd take. A little bit goes a long way. Looks stock. :up:

What's the green Elise running at the rear? That rear clam looks unmodified.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
damn, I wish I had known that was going on, I'd have come over. I was at the base working on my trailer(it is stored there) just beside that big orange balloon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here is my right side 38.7sec run. Everyone I talked to liked the right better.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo2suXgJZqU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oo2suXgJZqU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Yeah man!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts